Wine Makes Me Eat!!

Options
Hey there!!! Does this happen to any of you??? So....I totally like to have a glass of wine after work or at night:drinker: problem is it seems like wine (or alcohol in general) makes me want to eat more:explode: Totally don't want to give up my wine though...any ideas????:tongue:

Replies

• Guppy
    Guppy Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey there!!! Does this happen to any of you??? So....I totally like to have a glass of wine after work or at night:drinker: problem is it seems like wine (or alcohol in general) makes me want to eat more:explode: Totally don't want to give up my wine though...any ideas????:tongue:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the guy told the doctor...it hurts when I do this...the doctor said then don't do that
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Trying saving some calories for your glass of wine & a snack every night. Maybe cut out a snack at another time during the day to be able to move them to the end of the day. Or, as appealing as this sound, try munching on some veggies with your wine? I'm not a fan of carrott sticks & wine, but you never know! HTH:flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    the guy told the doctor...it hurts when I do this...the doctor said then don't do that

I know that sounds bad but it's true. Either stop what is triggering your unnecessary eating or gain some more willpower.:ohwell:
  • Guppy
    Options
    Funny:laugh: So...what you're saying is....I should just nix the wine??? Nahhhh.....:noway:
  • Guppy
    Options
    That's a good idea - I could save calories for it and have healthy munchies:drinker: Hmm....or I could just cut back on my alcohol intake!! I mean I guess it's like other things I cut out...sweets...ice cream...etc....:happy: And if I want to reach my goal I gotta do what I gotta do righ??? Ok, now I am just talking to myself:laugh: Nice:sad:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    LOL Or not have it EVERY night. Save it for Friday nights only or a couple days a week.
  • Guppy
    Options
    Beans - that is a good idea - just pick a day and not every night :wink: I think I can do that :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Everything in moderation, my dear Guppy. :flowerforyou:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Funny:laugh: So...what you're saying is....I should just nix the wine??? Nahhhh.....:noway:

NEVER!!!!! :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
    Everything in moderation, my dear Guppy. :flowerforyou:

yup!
  • SoupNazi
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Guppy
    Options
    I like the way you think tiddle:wink:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    hehehe, I wont give up my wine! I will say that I drink a lot less of it now-a-days but I wont give it up!!!! :heart:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Drink beer....it doesn't make you hungry. I swear! {giggle}
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You could also work out harder :) I workout to maintain my wine habit sometimes.
    As for food. Do you drink with someone? Have them be in charge of not allowing you to eat while drinking.
    I do the same thing and sabatoge myself every time. But let me tell ya, I had to give up all alcohol for 8 weeks and I did not lose 1 OUNCE. Weird I know..I wasnt tracking food then and I am having to go back on that medicine for another 8 weeks so it shall be interesting
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I agree on the saving calories front.

DH and I generally have dinner at our separate computers (we work at home, which means we are ALWAYS working) but an hour or two after dinner we always sit down and watch episodes of our favorite show together on the computer. THIS triggers my snacking. I want to have food constantly going into my mouth. :grumble:

So what I do is make absolutely certain I have about 300 cals left over and I use them on snacks! Try this with your trigger. :flowerforyou: We all have habits and triggers, but this isn't a diet it's a life plan, so we should be able to follow the rules and have what we want! :drinker: