Diet soda

So I am aware it is typically a no-no, but my floor is having a movie night and I wanted something sweet while hey all snacked on candy and chips so I got a diet Dr. Pepper. Is that ok?

Replies

• cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Everything in moderation! Of course it's okay
  • Everything in moderation! Of course it's okay

Agreed. Moderation is key and it seems like you are not partaking liberally :)
  • It should only make a difference if you do it everyday
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Of course it's ok! We're always going to be in situations in the real world and it's ok to make a "better" choice. I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    For sure.

When I changed my diet, a big part of it was only drinking diet drinks.

A zillion times better then regular soda.

But I would recommend diet orange crush instead......
  • I drink diet root beer all the time,:tongue: I probably shouldn't. But I have been losing every week for about a month now.
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    diet pop is my cocaine. if it's wrong, then i don't wanna be right. :P
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Is it ok? NO. Absolutely not. Now get off the internets.
  • Even my doctor says diet soda is OK in moderation. But, I am an addict and am trying to learn to cut it back. Just remember that it can make you hungrier...quality of the aspartame. Enjoy it!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    I think it's fine! I drank way too much diet Pepsi but I'm on day 5 of quitting cold turkey and I'm switching to only having it on special occasions.
  • veidtmeister
    veidtmeister Posts: 16 Member
    I think diet soda, (FOR ME) isnt an issue... Ive read all that stuff about it supposedly making you hungrier, and makes you crave other sweets, but that never, ever happened to me....I drink way too much soda...several a day, but to be honest, it fills me up...it feels like a treat, and contains zero calories....so...meh...there it is...
    Is it "healthy"....oh...probably a giant no....but will it make you gain weight....I dont believe it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    I've drank it for years and haven't gained weight from it. It's my "coffee" in the morning.
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    I managed to wean myself off fizzy drinks a while back - while they filled me up initially, they were just making me hungrier in the long run. And the caffeine was affecting my sleep. I hate to think what damage they did to my teeth!

Now I only have one when we're going out for dinner, or are visiting friends.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    So I am aware it is typically a no-no, but my floor is having a movie night and I wanted something sweet while hey all snacked on candy and chips so I got a diet Dr. Pepper. Is that ok?
    You mean, like, in a moral sense?