)-:

:huh: Not losing ANY weight. I did lose half an inch but I still feel gyped. I've been trying so hard. I'm wondering if it's because I have such a hard time meetng my calorie goal ?

Any suggestions on stuff that is slightly more fattening but a lot more healthy for you than fast food and chocolate cake (I can handle the booze)? :drinker:

I HATE nuts!

Thank you.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Avocado. Seeds. Good oils (olive, coconut, hemp, flax). There isn't a single nut you like? How about nut butters? Cashew, pecan, & hazlenut are particularly tasty. Whole grains as well as beans are fairly calorie dense. I can easily rack up 600 calories with a quinoa/black bean/avocado bowl...

Maybe you should check your body fat % too - if you're working out (esp. strength training) - you might not lose lbs. but if your % is going down you're doing something right! :wink:
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    BBQ! Pulled pork, meatloaf, ribs, sausage, mmmmm.... I'm making myself hungry. : P
  • Do you like peanut butter? When I had trouble some of my friends said to eat a spoonful of peanut butter after a workout since it's filled with protein (and i don't like peanut butter too much). I found this helped me until I could actually eat my calories.

I am on a 1215 cal a day thing.

Otherwise, avocados might help with the good fats in a couple of your days too.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    I too hate nuts. I don't mind the flavor, but the texture is hard for me to do often enough for it to be a staple in my diet. These are some of my snacks, and I'm sure you can find more if you do a search too, I see this topic come up often.
    Yogurt, milk, protein shakes, hummus with toasted pita, trail mix (without nuts, you can find it at farmer's market type stores), peanut butter on toast, hard boiled eggs, roasted sunflower/pumpkin/edamane seeds, dry cereal. I'm a sucker for frozen yogurt, but watch the sugar in it.
    I hope that helps a bit :)
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Thank you everyone! Great suggestions.:happy: They made me hungry:bigsmile:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Bacon
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    cheese :)