Out of your natural habitat!

Options
I need some tips or ideas on how to handle yourself when you are away from home. I did not have a computer to log in. I did keep a written journal of what I ate and DRANK and each of the four days was way over my calorie goal. It was so easy to drop back into the old habits when I knew I was not logging what I was putting in my mouth. I have heard that there are a certain number of times or days that you need to do something before it will become a natural habit. Do you know how long that is and will it work for changing your eating habits or will it always be a "BATTLE" Thanks for any comments. I feel depressed right now. I feel like 3-4 weeks of work can go right out the window in only a few days.

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to tell you :( I think that varies greatly from person to person... it's just something we'll always have to deal with. But great job on still keeping track...

The important thing is to keep trying. You might not succeed all the time, but never stop trying.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    My first boss said it was 21 days (who knows if that was right), but when it comes to working out and eating right, I think we will always fight it. It may become easier, but will always be a battle in the background.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I know I went longer than 21 days logging my food and stuff, and still fell off when I hit my first plateau. I had to drag myself back into it a month or so later.
  • mvkrayola
    mvkrayola Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    tobemotivated,

Thanks I really enjoyed your message. "The important thing is to keep trying. You might not succeed all the time, but never stop trying. " That is the most important thing and get up from the bad day (knock-down) and keep working it.