Over 100lbs to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• fitTP32
    fitTP32 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Trust me when I tell you that you are more than capable of getting to your goal weight. Five years ago I was 272 and today I am 191. I still have a while to get to my goal weight but I will get there. Here are a few things i have learned from this journey.

1. dont focus on the entire amount you have drop. focus on the first 10%. once you have accomplised that reward yourself with a non food item like sneakers or gym clothes (whatever makes you happy). Then focus on the next 10 %

2. positive thoughts- your mind is so powerful

3. surround yourself with positive people who are healthy
    4. The scale is not the only way to measure your effort. Use a tape measure as well or reward yourself for a change in habit
    5. diet sodas, splenda or other artificial sweeteners dont have calories but they make work against you.
    6. you are worth the effort and time it takes to get this done.
    7.EXERCISE, but only doing things that work for you
    8. enjoy what you eat. I dont care how good something is for me, if I dont enjoy it i will just keep eating and eating.
    9. do not trust your eyes. measure and weigh everything.
    10. invest in your health ( sneakers, healthy foods, gym, personal training) what ever you can afford and do not apologize for it
    11. water, water and more water. i never drink juice. i hate wasting calories on liquids. i make an exception for a glass of red wine

I really could go on and on but i will stop there. You can totally do this!
  • veidtmeister
    veidtmeister Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dont think of it in terms of 100 lbs, cuz that just seems like its crazy impossible...

I broke my back, and was unable to walk for a year, and put on like 70 lbs. I decided last October that I had had it...Ive been heavy all my life and just was sick of it.

Ive lost 103 lbs in 11 months, and am lighter than I was in High School (47 now). Im about 7 lbs from my goal, and I have no doubt in my mind that I will keep it off, this time for life.....But if you had asked me 'so...think you can diet for a year"? I would have said...NO WAY!!! But I just set small incremental goals, and kept at it.

11 months on a diet sounds tragic, but it really isn't. One day at a time. Eventually, it becomes second nature, and a new lifestyle, and you'll find yourself looking at other people thinking..."how can they EAT that &*#%...".....
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    LOVE IT! This place REEKS MOTIVATION! THANKS GUYS!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    YOU DO NOT HAVE 100LBS TO LOOSE AND DO NOT FORGET THAT!
    you have 10 lots of 10lb to loose....not so bad now ehhh :huh:

if you look at it as 100lb you really will never get there but set the goals at 5 or 10lb intervals and it will become second nature to you loosing the little ones and before you know it you will be flying!
    good luck x
  • nirebelldandy
    Options
    The exercise is hard at first, I know I won't be jogging anytime soon, but do what you can! I have Biggest Loser workout Dvds that are in 10 min increments, so if you feel meh one day, you can do one or two, but if you're feeling up to it, you can do 3 or 4! Eventually I want to be able to run a mile...but that's gonna take a bit :) Is anyone doing any specific diets or just watching calories? I'm doing the 17 Day Diet.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much in the same boat. I'm starting off at a whopping 307lbs. And as most people have stated, you really don't want to look at the big picture because it can be really scary. Break it up into smaller goals, and attack it. You aren't going to be at your goal weight tomorrow, next week, or even next month. However, you can make good progress toward it. I received my first "Are you losing weight?" comment yesterday, and its those moments that let you know you are making true progress toward the big picture.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i have over a hundred to lose. welcome to the "family" infact when i started out i had over 300 to lose. here in a few weeks i should be at my 1/3 mark though... good luck in your journey and everyone here is rooting for you..
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Well I have aboput 100lbs to lose now I started off needing to lose about 150 lost 50lbs got preggo with my son and now Im ready to get the rest of this weigh off!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    For me, I am going the steady stable 1 pound a week. It took me 5 years to gain it and I know it will take close to a year to get it off. To be honest, I have done the quick weight loss route for the last 40 years and seems like I always took the quick route back to gain it all over again plus some. That's just me - do what works for you.
  • 50percentless
    Options
    I agree with you, I definitely want a healthy sustainable slow weight loss. It's not a race for me.
  • IceQueen327
    IceQueen327 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • lorigeg
    Options
    Have you heard of Body by Vi? That's how I've lost 26 lbs in 3 months, this is the most weight I have ever lost at a time. Add me as a friend & I'll tell you about it. I'm not sure of the rules of the forum if I'm allowed to post my website on here, so I wont. It works..it's all natural, meal replacement shakes that taste awesome, you add things to make different flavors, there's hundreds of recipes. It's the best thing I have ever done for myself & my family. My husband just started it & he's not even doing it properly & he's lost 7.5 lbs in 2 weeks. I have not done any exercise yet. I'm not saying this to promote it or anything, strictly because it's worked for me & it's the best decision I've ever made.
    Either way, you CAN lose the weight if you put your mind to it & stay focused. So stay focused, set smaller goals for yourself along the way so the goal doesn't seem so far away. Reward yourself when you hit your goals and the biggest part that has worked for me is to surround yourself with others who are also losing, that's why I love this website. Anybody is welcome to add me as a friend, I would love your support & would be happy to support you in your weight loss journey as well :). A simple "congratulations" or "you can do it" goes a long way. Best of Luck !!! :)
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You've already shown a little bit of success in losing 2 pounds. I agree with most of the posts that you can't think of it as over 100 pounds. Take it in small increments. I started at 340 and I couldn't weigh myself on my home scale. I celebrated when I was low enough to weigh on the scale. I then celebrated being in the 320's. I'm now at 319 looking forward to being below 310. My ultimate goal is between 180 and 190 pounds but my first major goal is below 300 then 250 then 200. Keep it up and friend me if you'd like. We all can use support doing this.
    Doug