Fat girl and skinny guy

Options
Ok so i have this problem, i have a guy who would be great to me, he likes me and respects me but hes skinny and im chunky. Does anyone else have this problem? I look at myself and him and tell myself i dont wanna be the fat girl in a relationship walking down the street with the skinny guy...any advice??

Replies

• rachel1496
    Options
    If you like him, he likes you and he would treat you well don't let your weight stop you from trying it. :smile:

I'm a fat girl married to a skinny guy and it's never been an issue. The people who know us know that we're good together regardless of physical traits and the people who don't know us don't matter.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Uh, why is it a problem?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be the fat girl with a skinny guy where there may be motivation, than the fat girl with the fat guy whom both have no motivation and cares. :) Don't worry about it!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Honestly??

Get over it. If he likes you and you like him, where's the problem?
    Sounds like a case for a therapist because of self esteem issues, TBH.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Well lets put it this way...
    My fiance is 6'4 and weighs 175lb.
    I'm 5'8 and weigh 220lb.

I used to think that the girl should always be smaller than the guy, in every way. I don't care how weird we look, anymore. We're happy and that's what matters.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about other people. He likes you as who you are, and you like him as is. If you want to lose weight, it should be something you want to do for yourself. You can do it. Many members here including myself are learning to eat right :-) Good luck.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Just don't talk about your concerns with your weight about him. It might make you seem insecure and guys don't like that! Act confident and do what you need to be healthy! :smile: If he likes you the way you are now then don't worry about it! I've been with my boyfriend for 5 and a half years and he never complains about the weight i am! Not even when I got a little bit more chunky! Don't let your weight affect a good thing! Just appreciate him and he'll appreciate you! NO matter what size. :wink: Good luck!
  • dispatch25
    Options
    Ill admit my self esteem isnt the highest cause ive been heavy for most of my life so i never have had a guy look at me like im actually someone he wants. As im losing my weight its not as bad cause im like ok im starting to look like those girls, but there is also an age problem...anyone with someone they really care about who is 18 yrs older then them?
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat girl with a fat guy and it's hard sometimes because I'm focused on weight release and working out and he's not so much. It would be nice if we worked out together more. I've suggested it, he just doesn't prioritize the time. But in the end I love him and I don't care if he's fat skinny or an alien...he's my guy. If u like someone, don't u dare let appearances and other people's judgments rob u of a chance to love!!! Now get up, missy, pick up that phone and go get your skinny little honeybun!
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    While I'm no skinny guy by any stretch of the imagination, I'd say that if you're both fortunate to have found each other and you both have genuine love, respect and acceptance of one another, then for goodness sake don't let your relative dimensions be a deterrent to happiness! You'll just wind up kicking yourself if you let the opportunity go unexplored. Trust me.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    While I'm no skinny guy by any stretch of the imagination, I'd say that if you're both fortunate to have found each other and you both have genuine love, respect and acceptance of one another, then for goodness sake don't let your relative dimensions be a deterrent to happiness! You'll just wind up kicking yourself if you let the opportunity go unexplored. Trust me.

Word.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have been with my partner for nearly 6 1/2 years and since we have been together i have always been bigger than him. He is tall and weighs about 54 kg (118.8 pounds) and i weighed (before i started on MFP) 81.1 kg (178.4 pounds) and usually eat more then him at meals. It used to bother me during the 1st few years we were together but then i got over it as we have different eating habits and genes. As long as you and him are happy together its nobodys business that you are together.
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Started out at 449 lbs and my husband of 10 years hasn't topped out over 160. He is gorgeous and faithful. He loves me no matter what I weigh.

Thin women hit on him all the time but he doesn't even consider it and it's not cause he's afraid I'll sit on him. lol

Don't let a good one pass by.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options

well said:-)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I've never been in better shape my whole life then I am right now. At this point, I'm generally attracted to only average-fit girls. Ones that work out or look like they do.

However, there's one girl at work, whos def larger and not in the greatest shape at all. Physically she's not what I really even look at. But her attitude is the best outta everyone there, she's ALWAYS in a good mood, ALWAYS laughing and happy. Even if its a bad night, slow, busy, goes bad, shes always really cheerful. It's surprising how attractive that makes her. Even I see her in a completely different light because of her attitude and behaviour alone.

So don't think there's ever a 'will never work'. That kinda attitude sets you up for failure before you even begin.

You'll regret 100% of the shots you don't take.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I was around 180lbs when my boyfriend and I met. He weighed 140lbs. I wondered what he saw in me - since he could have had anyone out there. For a long time, I didn't feel like I was good enough for him. He loves me for me - not what the scale says.

If he likes you and you like him - GO FOR IT! :)
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My husband is 9 yrs older than me. We do have differences esp. with music but other than that, nothing really.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Besides, you're on here because there's something you don't like about yourself and you're putting in the work to change it - just remind yourself of that occasionally.
  • shadowfx
    Options
    Read my lips: IT. DOESN'T. MATTER. The only thing that matters is how you feel about him and he about you - if everything is sweet there, size and shape are TOTALLY irrelevant. Please don't let superficial things like weight and height influence what's going on in the heart. You are a beautiful caring human being with some baggage, just like we all are. That baggage is called life and choices, and nobody is perfect. If he thinks you're gorgeous, who are you to tell him otherwise?
  • Makemeproud
    Options
    I'm a 6' tall 240 lbs girl (Was 255 ten days ago!)
    My boyfriend is 5'6" and about 145 lbs.

I don't wear heels but otherwise I don't notice it at all. He's amazing and I wouldn't trade him for anyone!