Back to School Breakfast

Options
kermiehiho
kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
Hi there,
I need to eat my breakfast on-campus, or else I'll get hungry during my classes (three in a row this semester), and a growling stomach during lecture is really embarrassing...>.< Any filling, but low-cal ideas for breakfast that are quick to make (or grab and go) and easy to take on the road? What I"ve thought of so far is:
apple/pear
instant oatmeal
yogurt
PBJ sandwich
I was thinking of mixing and matching the above. I'm kind of looking for some starch, some protein, and fiber is always good :tongue: Other ideas welcome!

Replies

• kermiehiho
    Options
    Hi there,
    I need to eat my breakfast on-campus, or else I'll get hungry during my classes (three in a row this semester), and a growling stomach during lecture is really embarrassing...>.< Any filling, but low-cal ideas for breakfast that are quick to make (or grab and go) and easy to take on the road? What I"ve thought of so far is:
    apple/pear
    instant oatmeal
    yogurt
    PBJ sandwich
    I was thinking of mixing and matching the above. I'm kind of looking for some starch, some protein, and fiber is always good :tongue: Other ideas welcome!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I always eat a couple hardboiled eggs and a cup of oats if I eat at school, or at home I'll make a PB sandwich or seek out a high-protein cereal (5< grams) with soy milk. If you're eating a piece of fruit, I'd recommend a fat/protein to go with it, like pineapple in cottage cheese.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I drove a truck for many years and ate on the go all the time - including the time I lost all of my weight!

My favorite was the South Beach Living High Protein bars (cinnamon raisin flavor my favorite!) and a piece of fruit - usually an apple. Sometimes I'd bring along a drinkable "light" yogurt as well.

I still have that for breakfast sometimes!

protein bar - 140 calories
    apple - 72 calories
    yogurt drink - 70 calories

Hard boiled eggs I liked too (pre-peeled & only 70 calories each)
  • kermiehiho
    Options
    Mm, I love yogurt drinks. Totally got addicted to them in Japan's hot summer weather, but I've never actually tried U.S. brands.
    I made instant oatmeal using the student lounge microwave today. Worked out pretty well, except that it was a little strange to eat oatmeal out of a mug, haha.:tongue:
    Thanks for the suggestions~:flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Chop the apple with peel on and add a 1/2 c. fat free yogurt of your choice, walnuts, and 1/4 old fashioned oats uncooked. The old fashioned or rolled oats have more fiber and take more time to digest so you stay full longer than with instant. I put it together in about five minutes each morning to take to school and it is filling and yummy. You could also mix your own trail mix with lowfat granola, almonds, and unsweetened dried fruit pieces.

Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Beccera
    Beccera Posts: 10
    Options
    I eat a granola bar or cereal.
    Go to the gym.
    Boil up some eggs and make toast.
  • kermiehiho
    Options
    Awesome, i just picked up a couple of granola bars from a potluck and thought "breakfast on tuesday!" :tongue: