garage sales

Options
oregonlady
oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
do you go to garage sales?

brag about your finds!:flowerforyou:

today, i bought 2 pairs of pants and a cd (cheeta girls) that my 10yr daughter will love! $2 total

whooo hooo!:bigsmile:

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    do you go to garage sales?

brag about your finds!:flowerforyou:

today, i bought 2 pairs of pants and a cd (cheeta girls) that my 10yr daughter will love! $2 total

whooo hooo!:bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    my mum does! she found me 2 flower girl dresses for like 3 bucks each. They are gorgeous, I gonna let my flower girl pick the one she likes best. :laugh:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    My mom goes all the time, she like old fashion jewelry and once bought a pin for 50 cents...turns out it was a real emerald! :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    my mom got a beautiful trapezoid shaped (unusual!) cedar chest and paid $5 for it, it was covered in ugly green paint. she stripped it and refinished it (a weekend of effort and $10~ in materials) and it is GORGEOUS! heirloom quality now.

Garage sales are the best!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My mom & I usually have a girls weekend where we go to Portland and hit all the yard sales and then follow it up with a trip to Value Village (thrift shop). He have found so many treasures that I can't even begin to tell you about them. :smile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Ohmigosh I remember one yard sale I went to with my grandma when I was a little girl...I bought an old metal microwave cart for $2. I cleaned it up, tightened the screws in it so it would stop wobbling, and I used that table ALL the time. It had a top and then two other layers of storage...I used it for a night stand, a desk...when we painted my room we covered it with plastic and used it as our moving paint cart...one of my best purchases ever...one time I got a bathing suit for a quarter...LOVE yard sales lol...
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I love yard sales, LOVE THEM! I can't wait for spring and summer to get here!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I love yard sales, LOVE THEM! I can't wait for spring and summer to get here!

Yay for the new picture Amanda! So nice to see your smiling face!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i looove yard sales! lucky for me my dh loves them too. we bought a twin sized race car bed for my oldest son for $15. we also got him a 6 drawer dresser for $20. we got a leather recliner for $50. the list could go on and on. i can't wait till all this snow is gone to start going again
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I think the best find I ever bought at a yard sale is my exercise bike machine. It was marked originally $15, then they had cut everything in half, that made it $7.50. Then they halved everything again so it was $3.25 and by the time I got there, they begged me to take it away for 50 cents. WOO-HOO! It kills my butt but it is good exercise!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    When my brother was a kid, he went to a yard sale with my mom and decided he really wanted the canoe they had for sale! They left and somehow my brother managed to talk her into it.

So they went back and it was gone!

To this day (he is 24 now, lol) he still brings it up. If she had ONLY bought the canoe imagine how great his life would be now?!

The moral of the story is to leave the kids at home when you go to yard sales! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I love garage sales. I just hate when they try to charge department store prices. I will never buy used shoes, I just can't put my feet into them, sanitary reasons, but other than that I love garage sales.