It's Past 7 and I still have 500 Calories....

Options
I guess the title says it all. Do I eat them or not? I'm not hungry but I'm about to do a major round of exercise....so I'll be way under calories today if I don't eat.

Replies

• TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I guess the title says it all. Do I eat them or not? I'm not hungry but I'm about to do a major round of exercise....so I'll be way under calories today if I don't eat.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    EAT UP!! you can't keep the fire burning if there is no fuel. Nuts or pb are good at adding calories without a lot of bulk.
    :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm having one of those days. I had a CRAZY day in the gym because I got a new workout partner and we were coming up with cool exercises all over the place. I have 1,000 calories left. :laugh: I'm about to eat 300. I'll be up for another 4-5 hours so I'll get most of them down. Try to eat as much as you can. Hunger has pretty much nothing to do with how much we actually need to eat. :smile:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i was in this boat last night- except it was 10pm!

by "fitness chick"'s reccomendation, i ate an apple and string cheese. light and yummy
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Eat them!!!! At least half....trust me....my ticker doesn't lie.

PB or guacamole sounds good.:drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    Options
    eat. it works.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    this advice to eat all your spare calories...why not increase your goal, i.e. lose 2 per week instead of 1 boom...no spare claories and you lose faster

seems like a good idea?

Dave
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Did somebody say ice cream?!

:devil:

I'm no help!
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am going to 3rd, 4th, and 5th the motion of eat them! PB&J sounds perrrrrrrrrrfect to me! :flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    My goal is already set at 2 pounds. I just worked extra hard today, coupled with a very late supper....and now there's extra calories. I'm eating some strawberries with the kids. So that will take up some.
  • suprjewels
    Options
    Have a glass of milk...lots of calories and some good vitamins or better yet a bowl of cereal.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :happy:
    My goal is already set at 2 pounds. I just worked extra hard today, coupled with a very late supper....and now there's extra calories. I'm eating some strawberries with the kids. So that will take up some.

How about a smoothie with yogurt, milk, and the fruit?? Please eat as close as possible to the recommended amount. It is the oly way to lose weight! Good luck
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I've never been in the position where I had to find something with a lot of calories. lol
    But I'm losing so I'm sticking with it.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Mangoaddict posted an excellent smoothie recipe for banana peanut butter smoothie. Someone further down the string added chocolate milk. I tried it recently with soy milk and chocolate sauce and it was absolutely fabulous.

I also added the one I made (only addition was 2 tbsp hershey's syrup) on the food menu here (Jane's homemade banana peanut butter smoothie).

Highly recommend it - wish I wasn't already 25 cals over ..:grumble: :grumble:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/34454-peanut-butter-smoothie?hl=peanut+butter+smoothie#posts-343766
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad, I put in a 5.5 mile cross country hike and my leftover calories as of 6pm is at 1080 calories left... this is after eating a huge lunch and a huge breakfast and snacks today. I just dont know HOW Im gonna manage to get even close to that in the next 2 hours before I stop eating for the night (I always stop at 8:00) without hitting the desert isle at safeway.:laugh: :laugh: :noway: I havent eaten dinner yet...but will be within the next 1/2 hour....even with dinner I'll still have plenty of leftovers to eat up. :sick:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Dont feel bad, I put in a 5.5 mile cross country hike and my leftover calories as of 6pm is at 1080 calories left... this is after eating a huge lunch and a huge breakfast and snacks today. I just dont know HOW Im gonna manage to get even close to that in the next 2 hours before I stop eating for the night (I always stop at 8:00) without hitting the desert isle at safeway.:laugh: :laugh: :noway: I havent eaten dinner yet...but will be within the next 1/2 hour....even with dinner I'll still have plenty of leftovers to eat up. :sick:

You don't need to stop eating at a specific time. That is more an anecdotal suggestion than anythng else. The thinking goes that if you haven't eaten all day, you are more likely to binge late at night, and if you wait to eat, you will make unhealthy choices.

I have always eaten right up to my bedtime. You don't want to "bunch" all your calories up late at night, so continue to eat every 3-4 hours during the day. If you are on a hike, bring along a good protein shake or some fruit and cheese to eat as soon as you are finished. You will need to replenish your protein, and often we don't feel hungry right after working out, so it is a good habit to get into, to have food along when you exercise.

But the 8 PM rule - your body doesn't care what time you consume calories, and if I go to bed hungry, I can't sleep. Sleep is just as important to weight loss as eating regular small meals, exercising, nutrition, and water.
  • charlie1173
    Options
    Don't starve yourself. When I do that, I just end up over-eating.. You know.. Over compensating.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    If you are on a hike, bring along a good protein shake or some fruit and cheese to eat as soon as you are finished. You will need to replenish your protein, and often we don't feel hungry right after working out, so it is a good habit to get into, to have food along when you exercise.

But the 8 PM rule - your body doesn't care what time you consume calories, and if I go to bed hungry, I can't sleep. Sleep is just as important to weight loss as eating regular small meals, exercising, nutrition, and water.

I had a huge snack, almost like another small meal, afterwards that was loaded with protiens. I was more thirsty than hungry tho, even tho I drank plenty of water out there. Good idea on the protien shake afterwards. I can whip one up and put it in the thermos and have it in the car when Im finished.... VERY good idea!

I usually hit bed around 10:30ish and I try not to eat after 8pm because I am a munchy muncher and will pretty much ruin my day plan if I dont have that rule in place..:blushing: . I decided tho that since I have been working hard at this all week long and have some cals to burn today and have actually lost 3 pounds (whoohoo!) that I am taking the kids for ice cream tonight at coldstone... THAT otta help :bigsmile: I havent had any dessert this week besides fat free jello pudding as a snack earlier in the week, so Im sorta ready for something sweet :)
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great to know you can actually EAT and lose weight?!!!

Who would have thunk?

I thought it was crazy at first, myself, but one year into it and I have finally learned!

Life really is sweet.