Lost 18 Pounds in 3 Months-BMI back to under 25 BMI (24.9)

Options
:smile:

Came back to India after a long vacation in US and Canada and I weighed myself. I weighed 196 pounds!

I was shocked! No wonder all the old trousers looked like a dream to me. New ones looked funny!!

I knew what exactly I had to do to get rid of the extra weight of 17-18 pounds. I started reading a book called "4 Hour Body" and started following Tim Ferris's diet plan which meant that I was required to eat only Beans and Vegetables 3 times a day (No carbs). I hated it initially but after a few attempts I started the diet around July 15 and lost 10 pounds quickly (so all the vacation weight was off). This diet plan allowed 1 day off where you could eat and drink whatever you pleased.

Meanwhile, I had started working out in the Gym which included running/jogging and weight training. This helped me a lot in boosting the metabolism.

It was hard for me not to party 2-3 times in a week. Which continued and that would take me back by 3 days of in weight loss program. But what the hell? We live to party, right?

The Carb-cycling or Ketogenic Cycling helped me gain muscle and lose fat along with the weight. I am able to wear my size 32 trousers now!

My effort will go on as I am going to run a 21 KM half marathon on Nov 27.

My new goal is to reduce my body fat percentage.

Replies

• lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    you must have been farting like a machine gun. :laugh:
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    you must have been farting like a machine gun. :laugh:

hahah my sentiments exactly.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I don't think I could be without carbs lol
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    No lilyinlove! No farting at all! Soak your beans in water overnight and steam cook them. No farting whatsoever! Trust me!!
  • rajivdubey
    Options
    Not true!
  • rajivdubey
    Options
    @TMcBooty- Even I thought so initially that without Carbs it will be difficult. But only initially. Once you are over that bump-its easy smooth sail!
  • lilyinlove
    Options
    No lilyinlove! No farting at all! Soak your beans in water overnight and steam cook them. No farting whatsoever! Trust me!!

Ah then the SBD ones.
  • lilyinlove
    Options
    Not true!

I am just being cheeky. Congratulations on your success.
  • rajivdubey
    Options
    Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!