To weigh or not to weigh?

Options
How many of you weigh yourselves daily or weekly? This sometimes can be my downfall, because if I see the scale moving well, it gives me the license to cheat a little (which then turns into a lot). This time I am not weighing myself very much. I have been sticking pretty closely to my plan and calories and keep telling myself that I want to be surprised when I get on the scale. Next week it will be about 2 weeks on plan and my husband and I leave Wednesday night for Florida for the weekend. Wednesday morning I plan to weigh in. No matter what it says I will try to be happy because I have been eating right and drinking lots of water. What plans are people on here following. I am pretty much slim fast, yogurt and veggies all day and then dinner with my family. Usually enter what I plan for dinner first then schedule the rest of the day around that. Night time is the worst so my dinner is really important to me. Thanks for listening.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a moth, just to see how on track I am. The rest of the time I look in the mirror!
  • I weigh once a week. I appreciate all or your tips on this. I dont know that I could wait a months, as I want to see the numbers go down! Yea! For getting healthier!
  • niste_ketlin
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily.. But it is so much more motivating to see big changes in the number.. So now I just wait until I am pretty confident there has been a change and I'm having one of my lighter feeling, happy days. I don't do it a certain day, just when I feel there has been a change.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I appreciate all or your tips on this. I dont know that I could wait a months, as I want to see the numbers go down! Yea! For getting healthier!

I am maintaining now, so I don't have that urge to see the numbers going down.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I am loosely following Weight Watchers and weigh-in every week and I could NEVER wait a month to see what was going on!

HOWEVER~

If I've had a bad week, where I've eaten in restaurants a lot meaning I had little control over the cooking, OR I didn't have a chance to do my regular exercise routine meaning I had drs appointments, etc (lots of sitting) then I'll just SKIP that week.

For me, getting on the scale when I know I haven't had a good week and seeing a negative outcome, kills my spirit.
    So I just consider myself "weighing the same".

ON THE OTHER HAND~

This past week, I had an exceptionally GREAT week with food and exercise, got on the scale yesterday and stayed the same!

My tender little ego was a bit bruised by that BUT I will NOT give up!
  • shipwreck3
    Options
    I weigh daily, I know it bad but I am a little obsessed.