Introducing myself

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Rafael, from Chile (South America, spring season starting today) and I'm 35 years old. Hoping not to be the only man in this forum :blushing: . I have a 4 years old daughter and married since 2004 (very happy, by the way). During all my life I've been a kind of fat guy, but never obese, just like Philip Seymour Hoffman :smile: .
Few months ago I was kicked out from my job (10 years working for the same company) and for 2 months I almost spent all my time watching movies and eating junk food (my wife and daughter were out of the country). When I realized what was I've been doing my weight went up to 104 kilograms (around 230 lb) and my height is only 176 centimeters (around 5'7''). But for some reason I didn't find myself fat. Luckily I got a new job (far better than my previous one) and one of the benefits includes a "Healthy Life bonus", that includes Gym, massages, dance and other stuff. So 3 weeks ago I started a healthy diet and some exercises at the gym, very early in the morning (5:30 AM, monday to saturday, excluding wednesday). And so far I already lose 3 kilograms (6.6 lb) and my goal is to get to 75 kilograms (165 lb). But the best part is I'm feeling really well now, with lots of energy during the day and the most important thing, happy.

This was my introduction. I'm sorry if my english is not good enough. My native language is spanish.

Kind regards to everyone.

Replies

• smashleyt
    smashleyt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Keep up the good work, you are doing awesome! I am new too and I know we can reach our goals!! :)
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that your work does that and you're taking advantage of it!! Welcome to MFP - my fitness pal =)

Feel free to add me if you'd like friends to keep you in line and motivated :smile:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bienvenidos! Feel free to add me if you want a friend!
  • cliffelrod
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm 47 and weighing in at 227. I weighed 220 in the 9th grade (football) and haven't been below 200 ever since. I had my metabolism tested, high +11%....good I guess except there is the other person I'm carrying in my mid section that I'm ready to say goodbye to! I am supposed to be below 2261 calories a day food consumption per day to lose weight but not below 1800 calories. Basicall follow a 2000 calorie diet, which this webpage makes easy to track! I am also lifing and doing cardio workouts with a friend in the AM so I'm on track. Goal is to hit 190lbs. The wellness center estimated my goal could be reached in 17 weeks. No loose weight fast just slow dedicated following the 2000 calorie eating plan and then moderate exercise. With dropping 260 calories on my eating from my at rest calorie burn I only need an additional 250 calories each day of exercise to lose 1 lb per week. I keep ya posted on the progress.
  • g0rg0ri
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the good wishes. I know for sure I can make it :smile: