fitness DVD's

Options
I read that a lot you, guys, use different DVD's. I've been looking online on multiple "beach body "DVD's and Jillian Michals "30days ripped" Dvd. Most of them look very good.I can't buy them all and really want to get your info: what is your favorite DVD and why? I think that info would be VERY helpful to a lot of NEW members. We need to know if your favorite DVD for beginners-intermediate or advance people.
Thank you:flowerforyou:

Replies

• natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I read that a lot you, guys, use different DVD's. I've been looking online on multiple "beach body "DVD's and Jillian Michals "30days ripped" Dvd. Most of them look very good.I can't buy them all and really want to get your info: what is your favorite DVD and why? I think that info would be VERY helpful to a lot of NEW members. We need to know if your favorite DVD for beginners-intermediate or advance people.
    Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    favorite DVD for beginners would be the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs...she is so awesome and her workouts are intense...but perfect for the beginner because you can go at your own pace...
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds set. It has 3 videos plus weights for 1,2, and 3 miles so you can vary your length or endurance of workout, and they fit to any level of fitness. Great for cardio and toning. :bigsmile:
    Amy

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    LOL Laura great minds think alike! :bigsmile:
  • mommyofbandb
    Options
    I just bought Leslie Sansone Walk at Home..Walk Slim Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles. This will be the first time I've tried one of her workouts. So it is a good workout? I mean you fill like you have really walked that mile or 2 or 3 or 4?
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I just bought Leslie Sansone Walk at Home..Walk Slim Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles. This will be the first time I've tried one of her workouts. So it is a good workout? I mean you fill like you have really walked that mile or 2 or 3 or 4?

Well in order to feel it, you have to really WORK...if you keep up with the music and pull your abs in when you do the knee lifts and really sit into your side steps (she tells you to do all these things), you're going to sweat, and you're going to feel it. She always tells you though that if you need a break, to take one by slowing down and modifying to fit your level.
  • hagenbe
    Options
    I love to check out DVD's from the local library. They're free and about the time you get tired of them it's time to return them! Among my favorites are Denise Austin's "House Party" Dance Video, The Crunch Cardio Salsa (and you learn some dance moves too as a bonus!) and The Method's Yoga/Pilates videos featuring Jennifer Kries. They can all be done at your own pace and are sure to make you sweat no matter what! Good luck and have fun!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I tried MTV Pilates the other day. I liked it a lot and felt it the next day.

Nothing MTV about it really!
  • princesslisa88
    Options
    I love Beachbody's Slim in 6. I did it back in 2004 and lost 25lbs in 12 weeks.

I just started it again... I love beachbody's dvds... they work!
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've got several

Favorite Yoga DVD: MTV Power Yoga because it is challenging but gives you a good stretch and when you finish you feel so energized. I like to do the first 20min before cardio to get me warmed up because it is faster paced and then the last 20-25 minutes after cardio because the last half is more focused on stretching

Favorite quick workout: Crunch Boot Camp; it's only 30 minutes but works every muscle in your body and is broken up between strength training and cardio intervals

All over strength training: Workout: One on One Training with Jackie; it is broken up into 3 segments, lower body, upper body, and core. Each is 20minutes and includes a warmup and cool down. You can do one, two or all three. The core one is VERY challenging.