Embarrassing question about Tai-bo

Options
Sooo, to change up my work out a bit, I decided to try Taibo and some interval training. Well my first Taibo DVD session was, to say the least, hugely embarrassing but fun. I'm really not the most coordinated person and have been known to trip on flat surfaces.
I can do some of the basic jabs and kicks but when they start combining things, it get's kind of confusing for me. Not to mention, as I get more fatigued, my movements become eratic and I know Billy says to keep your movement controlled. This is my first time so I know I need to get more comfortable with the movements; but does it get easier with time?

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Yes, it gets easier. I did tae bo too. I loved it, but I no longer have a VCR. I keep thinking about investing in them again on dvd.
  • jakecan4sure
    Options
    I've only done tai-bo and have won my first three MMA fights.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i find with any new exercise routine i need to do it a few times before i really get the benefit, as i am very uncoordinated and have to stop and start!! maybe do it and rewind to practice moves u struggle with (all extra cals from more movement!!!) till you get it?
  • fozziewaca
    Options
    Yeah, it gets easier. I'm a bit uncoordinated too, so I just had to do slower movements. I was always a step or two behind them, but it was more important to keep form and not get injured. Eventually, I was able to keep up. It's a fun workout either way!
  • slnash
    Options
    A friend of mine bought the Tai-bo over 40 video. She said it was not as complicated and gave a great workout. (It was just embarrassing to tell people, because she was in her 20's.) LOL Hey, whatever works and motivates you to stick with it, right!
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    LOL this is why I didn't do it after the first try. I have Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and it is a lot easier to follow and gives a great workout.