Someone's idea of a "wellness" breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    You are not going to make some folks happy with your wellness breakfast.....hahahaha.

Isn't it sad that people truly believe that is "wellness"....or do they really believe it is crap, but too lazy to take time to cut up fruit, etc.

probably a little of both. I'll find out soon, I'll be hosting some "lunch and learns" on nutrition and health topics, and I'll let you know based on both attendance and on the quality of the questions offered at the end. Oh, that and what people bring in. I'll be requesting people bring in an example of their own "healthy" lunch. I'm afraid for that part. :tongue:
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'll be hosting some "lunch and learns" on nutrition and health topics, and I'll let you know based on both attendance and on the quality of the questions offered at the end. Oh, that and what people bring in. I'll be requesting people bring in an example of their own "healthy" lunch. I'm afraid for that part. :tongue:

That sounds cool! I make a habit of slipping healthy alternatives into food I take to potlucks, etc. or that I serve when entertaining--whole wheat pasta or tortillas, ground turkey or super lean beef, even turnips or cauliflower core cubes in place of potatoes in soups, reduced-fat cheeses, etc. No one ever even notices. But if you *say* you're going to make something out of them, they turn up their noses and say they don't eat that stuff, tastes nasty. I love to see the look on their faces when I inform them they've been eating it and loving it for months! :bigsmile:
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    A crockpot of scrambled eggs and ten pounds of crispy bacon and sausages ... with fruit salad on the side. Now that's an office breakast!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    What? No gravy? That's bull****.

:laugh: That is great.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My company does that too...and we make healthcare products!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    YIKES! I can't imagine eating like that.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    hahahaha! Can I ask, I know it is called a wellness breakfast but is it actually intended to be healthy? The only reason I ask is that at dietitian team lunches, the food we bring in tends to be mostly cake haha despite the fact that our usual lunches are eerily similar and 'picutre perfect' healthy (wholegrain lean meat and salad sandwich, low fat yoghurt, piece of fruit in case you were curious haha - we don't usually have time to snack during the day).

On a side note, I don't actually like any of the foods in the pic (from a taste perspective, nothing to do with health) so I would be very disappointed!