New here, loving it and looking for friends to join in the j

Options
Hi ! My name is Linda. I'm 43 and the Business Manager/Production Manager for a national woodworking magazine. So you can see I sit for a large portion of my day. Over the past 5-6 years I've really packed on the pounds and in May 2010 I made the decision to "get off the couch". Started at Curves I worked my way up to Curves 3 times a week and Curves Zumba 3-4 times a week. To date I've lost 57 lbs and have at least 43 to go. A friend turned me on to MFP in early August and I'm loving it. 13 of the 57 lbs have been since I joined. Years ago when my son was a toddler I did Weight Watchers and I find that MFP is very much like the "old' WW. Very easy to use and full of information.

I'm now doing regular Zumba 4 times a week, Zumba toning twice a week and strength training at Anytime Fitness 3 times a week. I'm really trying to make lifestyle changes regarding exercise and food so that it isn't a "diet". We all know that diets fail because once you stop you go right back to your old habits. When I decide what to eat whether it be home or at a restaurant I check the calories here and say to myself " is this worth XXX calories or can I make a better choice?". I find by using this method there are things that I used to eat "just because" that I no longer want. It's quite liberating to not just eat whatever and then feel crappy.

I learned a long time ago that weight loss, while a personal journey on some levels, is also a village journey. The more support you have the easier it is. I'd love to meet some people here who are on the same journey. If you'd like please send me a friend request.

Thanks for reading and have a great day. Remember: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

Linda

Replies

• dieseljay74
    Options
    Sign me up!
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.
  • vicky_unni
    Options
    The best of luck to you in your journey in becoming who you want to be.
  • smallerd
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Great work on your transformation.

Gotta love Zumba :)
  • Silchi24
    Options
    I loved reading your topic. I would love to join you.

I find myself sitting the whole day too at work, so I just started MFP September 10 and since then I've lost 3 lbs, which is very encouraging. I've never been a person to gain so much weight, but after being on steroids for about a month back in April for a sinus surgery I had, I seem to gain so much weight and really fast. :sad:

Now, I am concentrating on losing my weight, but also eating better and remembering this is a LIFE change and hope to continue it for the rest of my life.

Sing me in! :flowerforyou:
    ~Silvia
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda !
    Friend request has been sent ! :smile:
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello ! Glad to "meet" you all.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bumping incase there are any others out there who would like to join together on this journey.