Who has a polar HRM?

Options
For those of you who have a polar brand HRM, which version do you have and how much did you pay for it, and where? I am shopping for one right now so any input and reviews would be greatly appreciated. Also, does it automatically clock your calories or do you have to keep pushing a button to update it? I so don't want to have to keep pushing a button..that seems counter productive to the workout. Thanks!

Replies

• Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I heard the ft4 was the best model. Not sure about the button but it is £55 on amazon UK. Not sure about the states.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I have an F6. No button pushing necessary besides to start and stop it. I got it for $80 on ebay, but I believe it retails for around $110.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft4, i love it!! it has a strap you wear around your chest and you don't have to keep pushing a button to update it. i don't know where you live but my mom purchased mine as a birthday gift last year. she got it from sears.com and i have never had any trouble with it.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F7. I purchased it last December from Newegg.com. I think it was about $100.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I love it!

$110 at Target. Super accurate, even syncs up with all of the workout equipment at the gym (I'm sure most Polars do)

You don't have to push any buttons unless you want to start monitoring your heart rate (you have to wear the anti microbial heart strap though). If you're just looking for basic "calories burned" this would be a great option. Makes a cute watch too
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 that I purchased from Amazon. I paid $149. Now it's $129. Absolutely love it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F0PVNA
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    FT7, $80 shipped on Amazon. You push a button to tell it to start communicating with the transmitter, than push a button when you start exercising and again when you end. That's all there is to it. I chose this over the Ft4 because this one stores 99 sessions vs 9 or 10 with the ft4.
  • jkline919
    Options
    I have the F6 as well. You wear the strap around your waist, but for ladies, it fits right at the bottom band of your sports bra so you hardly notice it is there. No need to push buttons to update. When you first get the watch, you enter your info (age, sex, weight) and it bases your calories lost on that. It keeps the info from your workouts in it's "files" (max/min/avg HR, length of workout, calories, etc. ) I love mine and use it for just about everything, even when I swim (have to tighten the strap quite a bit to keep it from moving in the water, though). I think mine was around $100 but well worth it. They sell them at EMS and lots of online sites. Its a great way to associate numbers to your workout. I am an engineer, so I need to see numbers. Haha. Good Luck!
  • amandal00
    amandal00 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft4, and love it! You start it at the beginning of your workout and stop it when you are finished, you don't even have to think about it during your workout. I bought mine about 6 weeks ago on amazon.com.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 that I purchased from Amazon. I paid $149. Now it's $129. Absolutely love it!

I have this one as well and its amazing! It also has a "training program" setting. I dont know how much it was as it was a gift. No matter what Polar you pick, Polar is a great choice!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i got mine on amazon for about 125 to 130 or so. I have the polar f7 and love it . i use to have a timex and it would say i burned 1120 cals which was insane amount for what i did and now i know it was wrong i really burn liike 300 doing same thing loll
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I love it!

$110 at Target. Super accurate, even syncs up with all of the workout equipment at the gym (I'm sure most Polars do)

You don't have to push any buttons unless you want to start monitoring your heart rate (you have to wear the anti microbial heart strap though). If you're just looking for basic "calories burned" this would be a great option. Makes a cute watch too

I have this one as well I love it!!!!!
  • helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have the ft7. I got it on Amazon and it was only $65 for the man's model and the one for ladies was less then that. I used the fulfilled by amazon for free shipping
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I heard the ft4 was the best model. Not sure about the button but it is £55 on amazon UK. Not sure about the states.
    Ditto... I got mine from Amazon because it was the cheapest price online (and I'm a big Amazon fan)

The FT4 is a faily basic model, but it does have a chest strap which monitors your heart ratec constantly. When you say about pressing a button it's because cheaper models of HRM without the cheststrap you have to place your fingers on the watch to get a reading of your heart rate, which isn't very accurate.

PolarFT4WearlinkChestTransmitter2.jpg

The FT4 is so easy to setup... just set the watch settings, then tell it your height, weight and gender and that you done!

When you work out, press start and it will tell you your heart rate and then afterwards once you're done, you press stop and it tells you how many Calories you've burnt, how long your training has lasted, it tells you how many mins you were "in Zone" i.e. burning fat and then gives your avHR and maxHR. And that's it really. Might not seem a lot for your money but unless you invest heavily in GPS technology, there's not much more it can tell you. I think the FT7 bluetooths to your pc so you can graphically track results, but I wasn't too worried about all of that.

Oh and don't worry about the Wearlink cheststrap... it's not uncomfortable to wear and becasue it's separate from the transmitter, it can be washed and kept clean really easily.

I love mine and it helps me keep track of calories better than MFP.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options

I have this one as well and its amazing! It also has a "training program" setting. I dont know how much it was as it was a gift. No matter what Polar you pick, Polar is a great choice!

The training program rocks too. Keeps track of all my minutes, calories, zones and even tell me if I am training effectively