100 days later...

Options
ShannonMpls
ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
Today is my 100th day of MFP. And this is how my life has changed since mid June:

I've lost 36 pounds!

I've never once felt like I was on a diet. A coworker recently said, "your diet is going so well! you look great!" and my immediate mental response was, "what diet? I'm not on a diet." I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I don't consider it a diet.

In the past 100 days, I've logged 72 hours and 46 minutes of exercise...and that doesn't include the walks and hikes I've been on where I wasn't using my HRM. I've gone from no exercise other than short leisurely walks with the dog to being a regular at my gym.

I've dropped two pant sizes.

My resting heart rate has gone from the high 70s to the mid 60s. My blood pressure has gone from high normal to low normal.

After my first personal training session, I could barely walk and was nauseous. Now I feel exhilarated, energized, and proud of myself after a session. I'm doing things I had no idea I could do, and pushing myself further than I would have thought possible 100 days ago.

I've started paying very close attention to nutrition. I always ate fairly well, but obviously ate too much or I wouldn't be here. Now I have portions under control and can really focus on eating a cleaner, healthier, more nutritious diet.

I've been cheered on by MFP friends and have loved watching them make their way to their goals as well.

All this, in 100 days! I can't wait to see what the next 100 bring :)

Replies

• dieseljay74
    Options
    Congrats....all that hatd work is paying off. On the scale and your health!
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You should be sooooo proud of yourself!!!! Great job girl!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Your hard work has def paid off!! I have a co-worker who will say how well I'm doing on my "diet", I told her it's a lifestyle change. She's made fun of that, but I don't care. It's working.

Congrats to you again!!
  • AprilKill
    AprilKill Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome JOB...:smile:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Good for you, hon! I hope I will be able to say something similar in 89 days! :smile:
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    awesome job!
  • kellibenage
    Options
    You are an inspiration. I want to feel like you 100 days from now. Keep going!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Doesn't it feel amazing to take control of your health? :bigsmile:
  • westielover1
    westielover1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!! keep up the amazing work:
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    You guys know how to make a girl smile! Thanks so much for cheering me on :)
    You are an inspiration. I want to feel like you 100 days from now. Keep going!

You too! You're on your way :)
  • JizWiz
    Options
    So happy for you! Great job and good luck with your weight loss journey!:happy:
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Excellent job and well done!! I have learned to STOP eating for taste, and eat only what I need to feel full by eating slower and talking or playing on my phone to allow my body to feel what I am eating while I am eating it so I don't over eat.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. I love reading how people can stick with something for so long, it is inspiring :)
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    Excellent job and well done!! I have learned to STOP eating for taste, and eat only what I need to feel full by eating slower and talking or playing on my phone to allow my body to feel what I am eating while I am eating it so I don't over eat.

Yes, absolutely! Mindful eating. No longer do I grab a bag of whatever and sit with it. I remember the first time I weighed a serving of tortilla chips. I couldn't believe how tiny it was. Now, that proper serving size seems just right to me. New way of thinking about food!
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    Truly inspiring! After reading this.. I want to go to the gym now! lol. Congrats and keep up the amazing work!
  • meosha30
    Options
    Congrats on the hard work and the changes in 100days! I am truly inspired by your success.
  • abirdy
    Options
    Good for you and keep up the great work.... Feeling good about yourself is the best thing anyone can have.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats on your 100 day milestone. This is a lifestyle change....and you're living it. Very inspiring!
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    Thanks for the support!!
  • hafdis
    hafdis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That is sooooo Amazing!! job well done!! I hope to do as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!