Look at my diary please :)

Options
Since it is easier to critique others diary besides your own, would you all look at mine and tell me what I could improve or change?? I have been at the same weight for 3 months now probably and would still like to lose about 5 more and decrease my body fat %.

~I am starting week 9 of P90X on Sunday, so I get enough exercise! I usually burn around 400 cals/day
~I increased my calories to lose 1/2 lb a week so my net is 1320 and eat back my exercise cals.
~My ratio is set at 40%carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat
~I am a shortie 4'11"
~I never eat past 6:30
~I usually eat 1-2 servings of fruit, 2 dairy, 2 or more veggies

So I am thinking I should limit my carbs/breads/pasta some more(maybe 1-2servings/day), not a whole lot though b/c I lack energy if I do.

What do you all think?? THANKS!!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You could add a lot more veggies to your diet. That always helps me lose weight when I add more of them.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Looks healthy, but you seem to be consistently way over your carbs and way under your protein. Try keeping you carbs around 100gm for a couple weeks and see how your body reacts. Worked for me.
  • If the weight isn't shifting then I would try increasing my protein and cutting out all potatoes, bread, rice etc.. get all of your carbs from vegetables and lentils and you should start to see the weight shift again.
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just changed my carb/protein/fat ratio to 40/30/30. So now my diary from past days are WAY in the red!!!! I guess this goes to show where I am going wrong!!! HELLO??!!!!!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that jumped out at me is that you don't eat after 6:30. That is REALLY EARLY. That means that even if you eat breakfast at 6:30, you aren't eating anything for 12 hours, HALF the day! Aren't you hungry at night? I have read countless things that say there is no need to cut off eating at any certain time as long as you are sticking to your calorie limit. BUT I think it is confusing for your body to eat 1500-1700 calories in 12 hours and then 0 calories for the next 12. I prefer to eat small meals and snacks very frequently, eating my allotted calories throughout the day to maintain level blood sugar and never get too hungry or too full.

Are you confident in the number of calories you are burning? Are you using an HRM or BodyBugg? I started out going by what the cardio machines said (even though everyone said they were inaccurate), but then I got a BodyBugg. Turns out I burn more calories doing nothing than I thought but fewer working out than I thought. Very weird, but very good to know. 400 seems reasonable, but I think it's worth mentioning in case you aren't using a reliable device to estimate it.

You food choices look good, although I noticed a lot of the same things repeated. Maybe your body needs you to mix up what you have been eating.
  • jamielynn1981
    Options
    The biggest thing that jumped out at me is that you don't eat after 6:30. That is REALLY EARLY. That means that even if you eat breakfast at 6:30, you aren't eating anything for 12 hours, HALF the day! Aren't you hungry at night? I have read countless things that say there is no need to cut off eating at any certain time as long as you are sticking to your calorie limit. BUT I think it is confusing for your body to eat 1500-1700 calories in 12 hours and then 0 calories for the next 12. I prefer to eat small meals and snacks very frequently, eating my allotted calories throughout the day to maintain level blood sugar and never get too hungry or too full.

Are you confident in the number of calories you are burning? Are you using an HRM or BodyBugg? I started out going by what the cardio machines said (even though everyone said they were inaccurate), but then I got a BodyBugg. Turns out I burn more calories doing nothing than I thought but fewer working out than I thought. Very weird, but very good to know. 400 seems reasonable, but I think it's worth mentioning in case you aren't using a reliable device to estimate it.

You food choices look good, although I noticed a lot of the same things repeated. Maybe your body needs you to mix up what you have been eating.

I don't get get hungry at night, I actually go to bed at 9 pm and then get up at 5am for my workout. Maybe something to think about eating a snack before bed.
    I use a HRM with a chest strap for my workouts and is seems to be accurate with MFP estimates. I would love to have a Bodybugg one day, but just can't afford one right now.
    Yes, I know I eat a lot of the same things most days, but I have a hard time mixing things up...lol
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think a snack at night would be a good idea. Other than that, seems like you are right on track. The last few pounds just take longer. When's the last time you saw a change in your weight or measurements? Have you been stalled, or are you just trying to be proactive and ask for help before you hit a plateau?
  • jamielynn1981
    Options
    oh, I have been stalled for probably 3 months
  • jmeeej
    jmeeej Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar/carbs in your diet. Your body needs to release insulin to deal with the higher blood glucose in order to convert it to glycogen. Insulin is also the chemical message your body uses when it's in "storage mode"

I think if you reduce your carbs and try and minimize your sugar and processed foods you will see some changes starting to happen because your insulin levels will drop.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Up the fat and protein intake. I know some fighters that consume as much as 60% intake in fat alone and look how shredded they are. Don't be affaid to consume a bit more fat and protein, as long as you're under TDEE.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Probably add more fiber, but I only eat back ½ my exercise calories.