Extreme sports

Options
I decided it was time to get out of the house and take up a winter sport so I took advice from a friend of mine and went cross country skiing with her. It is a wonderful workout and thought it would be a great start to a healthy living. Well the first time I went I spent most of my time falling but I kept getting up and plugging along. The burning in my legs and arms amazing! WOW what a workout! I didn't mind the bruising I figured it would get better. Well the second time out I thought I was doing so good till on my way down a hill i realized I was going to fly straight into the woods ( I have no idea how to turn) so I decided to fall and landed on my rump! I am now laying on the couch not able to exercise wondering what was I thinking.:sad:
I refuse to give up as soon as I can walk without pain I'm doing it again! I keep telling myself 35 isn't to old to start a new sport.:bigsmile:

Replies

• jmessner
    Options
    I decided it was time to get out of the house and take up a winter sport so I took advice from a friend of mine and went cross country skiing with her. It is a wonderful workout and thought it would be a great start to a healthy living. Well the first time I went I spent most of my time falling but I kept getting up and plugging along. The burning in my legs and arms amazing! WOW what a workout! I didn't mind the bruising I figured it would get better. Well the second time out I thought I was doing so good till on my way down a hill i realized I was going to fly straight into the woods ( I have no idea how to turn) so I decided to fall and landed on my rump! I am now laying on the couch not able to exercise wondering what was I thinking.:sad:
    I refuse to give up as soon as I can walk without pain I'm doing it again! I keep telling myself 35 isn't to old to start a new sport.:bigsmile:
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Of course it's not!! you go girl!! I'm so glad you didn't hit the tree, that could have been much worse!
    I haven't been cross country skiing yet but I've heard it's fabulous. I would love to try it!

I hope you feel better soon! Put some ice on it and get some rest :ohwell:
  • jmessner
    Options
    It is beautiful out in the wilderness in winter! Thanks for the works of encouragement. :flowerforyou: