Ask me if I'm pregnant. I dare you...

Options
2»

Replies

• Kickinthehabit
    Options
    Ugh, I was asked "when's the baby due?" a week after I gave birth, ouch! (that was 14 years ago, though.)

I am also married to a body builder. He looks at weights and his muscles start to shred. mfp is great. Welcome!

I am moving in the right direction. You will too! Friend me!
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I am also 5'11, and weighed over 200 when I started on July 1. And yes, it's hard to hide when you're as tall as we are and female. And I also get the "there's no way you weigh that much!" And people giving me the side-eye when I tell them I've lost 40 pounds, like I'm lying.
    You can add me!
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    I dont know much, but as a man... unless you have a baby shooting out of your vag I am NOT asking if you are pregnant :)

OMG!!! Love it

Yeah, why can't more ppl be like him?! :happy: There is not a question in the world that can make you feel worse that "When are you due?" when you're not pregnant. Self esteem TOTALLY down the toilet. Add to that the knowledge that fat around the waist and belly is the hardest on your heart, and it's not only embarrassing, it's scary healthwise, too. But you've found a great place to be, lots of encouragement, and lots of us that know *exactly* where you're coming from. I'm too old to be preggers, and I don't want anyone asking ANY MORE!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    People need to mind there business. Even if you are preggo you may not want extra attention. Work hard and focus. The weight will come off and you'll feel better soon. :smile:
  • michellezigs
    Options
    Welcome! I started MFP earlier this week and LOVE it! Its so nice to have the motivation and to see results. Feel free to add me. :)
  • mrosberg
    mrosberg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    GREAT subject line! I've had that happen 2x in my life. Once was when I weighed 175 (am 5'3"). The other time was a couple weeks ago-- I'm way back up, at 170. (in between, i had ups and downs between 132 and 170).
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    People who don't know you well enough to *know* if you're pregnant have no business asking such a thing. Geez! Welcome and good luck on your journey--this is a great site with super people.
  • targotoff
    targotoff Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Glad to know it isn't only me. I get asked at least once a month and it never gets easier.
    Most of the weight was put on as I struggled with infertility after my oldest daughter (we adopted the younger). So it is bad enough when you could be pregnant, but really bad when every time is just a reminder that you can't get pregnant. :(
  • kagome5555
    kagome5555 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been asked if I'm pregnant too :( it's super embarrassing and you go home wanting to eat a tub of ice cream.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Glad to know it isn't only me. I get asked at least once a month and it never gets easier.
    Most of the weight was put on as I struggled with infertility after my oldest daughter (we adopted the younger). So it is bad enough when you could be pregnant, but really bad when every time is just a reminder that you can't get pregnant. :(

^^^This. and for me it was always the beginning of horrible round of 'what if' followed by a reality smack.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    guy - "When are you expecting?"

woman - 'im not pregnant'

guy - "...the bus to come? I'm gonna be late!"

:smokin:
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Let them ask. Your revenge is the embarassement they will never get over when you stare them down and say "no", with an incredulous look on your face.