So apparently I need cushioned running shoes...

Options
and the cheapest one's ive found are £60 on ebay, does anyone know anywhere (in the uk, or online) that I can find some cheaper, as I have weird shaped feet and normal running shoes make my ankles hurt :(

Replies

• Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Go get custom inserts from a podiatrist. Then you can put them in any kind of running shoe. You might have to buy a half size larger, though.
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    You might want to visit a specialized running shoe store, and have your feet and gait checked out. They can make recommendations, and then you can search online for something similar. I discovered I overpronate and need a stability shoe, to protect my ankles. Good luck!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    try sports direct shop or online sportsdirect.com
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    cushy - asics cumulus 12s are on sale now that the cumulus 13s are out. about $60-$65 USD. The new 13s run about a half size small, not sure if the 12s are the same way.
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    try sports direct shop or online sportsdirect.com

My suggestion also xx
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I need stability shoes as well, the best thing to do is go to a running store and get fitted. I think shoes are something you really don't want to cheap out on, especially if you are a runner. They are really the only "equipment" you need, no bats, no balls, no racquets, just good shoes, save up and spurge for nice ones. They are totally worth it.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    From everything I read, and personal experience as well, the more cushion, the MORE pain. There's no way to cushion enough to absorb all the shock from running, if you don't have the proper foot strike. If you're heel-striking, (which you're more likely to do with shoes with greater cushion), you're going to have pain.

Changing posture to a mid/forefoot strike, and using minimalist shoes made a huge difference for me.
  • Felixelus
    Felixelus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got my first pair of running shoes for £20 in sports direct but I didn't have ankle problems. Other than that, have your gait analysed so you know what kind of shoe you need then try wiggle or sweatshop online sales to try and find a good pair for cheap :)