Chicken 'Fried' Steak (166 calories!)

Options
LadyoftheDisc
LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
Hey all! So I've been craving a delicious chicken fried steak lately and just figured I was s.o.l. due to the whole battered and fried aspect. However, I ran across this recipe today and I'm too excited! It's from The Biggest Loser Flavors of the World Cookbook. At only 166 cals it's definitely worth a try!!! Has anyone else tried this recipe? Here's the link.... http://bit.ly/hQ8qry

Replies

• wannawannagirl
    Options
    Havent tried it, but it looks great. May try it this weekend.
  • freshstart4me
    Options
    ive nixed red meat (like it's doing me any good, but i digress) i wonder how this would go with chicken pounded the hell out of all flat-like and...drool....thanks for the link!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    This looks yummy, thanks for the share.

Now all I gotta do is find a recipe for no-cal gravy!!!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Thank you! One of my favorite "fat meals" was chicken fried steak, mashed potatos and corn...

I'm going to try this with some mashed cauliflower and eat it all with no guilt :)
  • briamycolson
    Options
    Sounds really good.....so come up with a solution for the gravy...:wink:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    ive nixed red meat (like it's doing me any good, but i digress) i wonder how this would go with chicken pounded the hell out of all flat-like and...drool....thanks for the link!

Chicken fried Steak Fried Chicken is probably the same as fried chicken. Just sayin. lol
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If you ask the meat cutter at the grocery store, he will take chicken breast and make it into the "cubed"meat style...thin and already pounded....
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This looks yummy, thanks for the share.

Now all I gotta do is find a recipe for no-cal gravy!!!

I know, it's really not the same without the cream gravy!! Haven't searched for a good gravy yet but do share if you find one!!!!
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    Options
    I will have to check out the link at home.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I haven't tried this yet, but it seems to me we could stir up some fat free gravy using powdered milk and cornstarch. I love the taste of powdered milk gravy, but have always used a little butter or oil to make the roux for thickening. I'm thinking if we mix corn starch with the water that we mix the powdered milk in and bring to a boil it should make cream gravy. If anyone has tried this and found it didn't work, please let me know cuz I may try it this weekend.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES chicken fried steak! I'm SO going to try this. I even have steak in the fridge!
  • magratnj
    magratnj Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hey all! So I've been craving a delicious chicken fried steak lately and just figured I was s.o.l. due to the whole battered and fried aspect. However, I ran across this recipe today and I'm too excited! It's from The Biggest Loser Flavors of the World Cookbook. At only 166 cals it's definitely worth a try!!! Has anyone else tried this recipe? Here's the link.... http://bit.ly/hQ8qry

Yummy, just think with turkey xxxx
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bumping! Sounds great!