You'll Never Make It Anyway

Options
Oh wow, what a week I've had guys.
Sick as a dog and I got a call yesterday from my mom.

A little bit of back story might be required for this story.

I used to weigh 70 lbs less then I do now and I had this fabulous warddrobe because I worked in a clothing store and got a huge discount (yay! for discount). But when I gained the weight I couldn't wear the clothes and had to bag them all up. There were a lot! I decided to store them at my mother's since I didn't have room for all these bags on top of my new fat clothes.

So yesterday my mother called me and informed me she gave away my skinny clothes... because it's not like I was going to ever fit them again anyway.

OUCH. :angry:

I'm more bummed about losing all my pretty clothes then I am in her lack of faith and respect (she's notoriously negative and I should have known better then to store my clothes with her as long as I did). I guess I'll be visiting the thrift store when I lose this weight! :sad: :sad: :sad:

The only positive in this is that I kept my favorite pair of 'skinny' jeans with me as inspiration so I still have them. PHEW.

Now I'm off to sleep. Ha. Silly body. Have a good day guys and remember, no matter how hard a time you're having it could always be worse. :wink:

Replies

• nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, what a week I've had guys.
    Sick as a dog and I got a call yesterday from my mom.

A little bit of back story might be required for this story.

I used to weigh 70 lbs less then I do now and I had this fabulous warddrobe because I worked in a clothing store and got a huge discount (yay! for discount). But when I gained the weight I couldn't wear the clothes and had to bag them all up. There were a lot! I decided to store them at my mother's since I didn't have room for all these bags on top of my new fat clothes.

So yesterday my mother called me and informed me she gave away my skinny clothes... because it's not like I was going to ever fit them again anyway.

OUCH. :angry:

I'm more bummed about losing all my pretty clothes then I am in her lack of faith and respect (she's notoriously negative and I should have known better then to store my clothes with her as long as I did). I guess I'll be visiting the thrift store when I lose this weight! :sad: :sad: :sad:

The only positive in this is that I kept my favorite pair of 'skinny' jeans with me as inspiration so I still have them. PHEW.

Now I'm off to sleep. Ha. Silly body. Have a good day guys and remember, no matter how hard a time you're having it could always be worse. :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Nicky, that sucks (for more reasons than one)! I'm sorry your mom was so thoughtless & a) gave away YOUR clothes & b) was mean enough to say those things! :frown: I hope you feel better, though! In my eyes, you're doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    My mom keeps asking me if I'm sure I WANT to lose the weight because guys are always staring at my butt or my boobs.
    I alway just say, "of course" and move on.

It sucks that she did that, but at least you can get new clothes. When I lose this weight I'm going back to my old stuff, which certainly wasn't designer and certainly won't be in style!
    I may splurge on a little bit of awesome clothing tho....I've always wanted to wear one of those corset shirts....
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    What a terrible thing to say! You should show your MFP and everyone's profile who has "made it".

Don't let negative people bring you down!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    So sorry chicky....

my mom and sis are that way,
    1. they care more for them selves then others
    2. have no cooth when talking to or about others
    and
    3. they honestly would rather trash others then ask if they need help...

But ya know what? Even though they were in storage, think of it as a load off your mind. Think of it as a new start and the clothes were weighing you down.

I bagged up my 12-14 sizes the other day, hid then in the attik nad have my journal and weight loss on the ball now nad one day, I will be in them.....

But having then in site wore me out!!!!

We can all do this and we all have our skeletons.

I have 85 lbs to go....
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think your mother obviously has "issues". That is a shame. I can't believe she would treat you like that. :angry: You know, she owes you for those clothes. She did not have your permission to "give them away". You should send her a bill. That would serve her right. :mad: You obviously need to get your support from elsewhere, so I'm glad you have us! We think you are doing great, and you will fit into that size again if that is what you want. :drinker: Whatever is going on with your mother is about her and has nothing whatsoever to do with you. Maybe someday she will get the help that she needs and be able to be a decent mother to you. Until then, keep doing what you are doing!

Hugs to you!

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Well that was pretty thoughtless of her. Don't let it bother you. The thing is when you lose the weight she will claim recognition for it, because she "encouraged" you to lose by doing that:laugh: I know I have those types of family members.

Lose the weight, but do it for you, not because of her or in spite of her.

Keep the faith that is all we have in this world.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :smile: You guys are great. Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot! :smile: :heart:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am really sorry to hear that your mom did that to you. Whether she believes you can do it or not, she should have never told you that you wouldn't lose the weight. If that would be me, that would be even more incentive to do it. Just to prove her wrong. But don't just do it because of that. Do it for YOU!! Now my mom on the other hand wants me to lose the weight to be healthy. And my hubby bless his heart told me that when I got down to where I wanted to be he would buy me a whole new wardrobe. And I can't wait either! Good luck to you honey and you can do this!! We are behind you every step of the way!!
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    your mother should be supporting you not bringing you down.
    it sux major that she did that. well prove her wrong.:smile:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. I have a very unsupportive mother too, and this stuff STILL amazes me when it comes out of people's mouths. Ignore her and draw your support from elsewhere. Some of the clothes were bound to be out of style anyway, right?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Reward yourself with money for every pound you lose and then when you reach your goal weight you will have some money to go buy newer clothes!

Moms are fickle, my mom has always been there for me but when it comes to weight loss she is very competitive with me, why I don't know, but she can't ever say anything to me about it until someone else in the family does then she gets all complimentary.

Matter of fact, my mom always asks my weight first then she is always exactly 20 lbs lighter :noway:

Thankfully my husband is supportive and knows just what to say to get me motivated again when I am feeling defeated adn he NEVER says anything negative about my weight. :blushing: :heart:

You get up and go do what you have to do and then make your mom help you buy new clothes since she threw them all away! :wink: :laugh:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I just wanted to send you some hugs! Im sorry your mother said those awful things and got rid of your clothes....don't let it get you down:flowerforyou:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    my mom isnt quite like that but she is 90 pounds and always has been small now she is sick and size zero's fal of her she still makes comments if i ever get fat i would kill my self,, makes me and my little sister feel just wonderful since we both r knid of big,, im trying and what io see is if i get sick and lose a few pounds it isnt going to hurt me much she has nothing to lose whihc is kind of scary:noway:
  • wannabeeskinny
    Options
    you and I must have the same mum
    I have told NO ONE i am "dieting" .I just don't want to hear it.ya know?
    Postive or neg,,neutral,,etc
    Thats why I talk so much here,,,lol
    Let them all be suprised as I shrink down more and more