Clean Eating mag southwest meatball dish

Options
DizzieLittleLifter
DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
Made this last night, SO YUMMY! Just ate it again for lunch!
Here is the rec. and below is how I changed it to fit my family's pref.

http://wegottaeat.com/janice.cook/recipes/clean-eating-southwest-meatball-skillet

I used EXTRA lean organic ground turkey
Removed salt, added basil, oregano, pepper, and garlic powder to meatballs, and used whole wheat panko bread crumbs.

I baked meatballs for 25min in the oven at 350 (convection)

I sauteed 5 mini sweet peppers with two cloves of garlic until they were soft but not noodle like
then added meatballs,
used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and added more (1/4 I think)
used white beans instead of black
added tomato sauce
added chili powder
used trader joes roasted frozen corn instead of plain

ENJOY!

Replies

• rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dizzieferg for sharing your recipe:):) Honestly sounds really good:flowerforyou:
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!! Fantstic. How many calories??
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!! Fantstic. How many calories??

Well, per the mag. it's 320 cal for 4 meatballs and 1 cup of corn mixture, but with my additives IDK I didn't recalculate it yet. Probably pretty close as I didn't use oil to fry the meatballs ; but I did add peppers, tomato sauce and more vegg stock. :flowerforyou: Also wanted to add, it's NOT spicy. I kept it that way for my kids but on my and my husbands we added chipotle tobasco sauce :devil:
  • hellokittymfp
    Options
    I love Clean Eating Magazine! This was on their October cover and I made it tonight, since I happened to have all the ingredients handy. It was fantastic, even my kids loved it! I also love how easy it was. The most time consuming part is mixing and forming the meatballs, but the actually cooking part is actually quite quick.