Attempting humor or just all out rude?

juleseybaby
juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
So - I just got done donating blood and was sitting there eating my 1 snack that i grabbed (a nature valley oats n honey bar)... she walks over, grabs 2 (nutter butter AND oreos) and then asks me... 'so do they stop you if you try to eat 10 of these things?'

:laugh:

I told her I had no idea because I have never tried that.

She stopped talking to me. :ohwell:

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    It doesn't sound like she meant, "let me ask the fat lady a rude question". It sounds like she wanted 10 of them and would have said the same thing to someone who weighs 90 lbs.

Don't you think?
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    I think she was being funny and you were rude.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    It doesn't sound like she meant, "let me ask the fat lady a rude question". It sounds like she wanted 10 of them and would have said the same thing to someone who weighs 90 lbs.

Don't you think?

Sounds like it to me.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473

Don't you think?

Yup, that's what I read it as.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member

LOL - and this too!
  • CapriceD
    CapriceD Posts: 23 Member
    Rude, obnoxious, and inconsiderate to say the least. I donate blood all the time and I rarely take anything. I'll take a bottled water or banana. I've never taken two and hate people that abuse volunteerism of any kind.
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    I tend to be an optimist, but I think she meant "you" as in "people"... she wanted to take 10, but I don't think she was implying that you'd had more than one! I often find myself saying "you" when when I'm speculating about something!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Did she give you the 'stankeye' when she asked?
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member

Don't you think?

Yup, that's what I read it as.

Ditto
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    i think she was just making lite conversation and would have said that to anyone that happened to be sitting there. I don't think she meant it personally
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    i was hungry. :cry:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member

Don't you think?

Yea this. That sounds totally innocent, and methinks you are hearing it in a way she totally didn't mean.
  • Brandzilla
    Brandzilla Posts: 51 Member
    I don't see it as being rude. Maybe she was trying to be funny and it just doesn't come off as too funny.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Sounds like perhaps she was kidding. . .but you gave an honest answer. . .

It depends on the tone of voice that was used. . I personally wouldn't of taken 3 snacks, but that is me. .. you just get your nice package of cookies and a drink and chill for 15mins.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member

Don't you think?

My vote is for this version of the event.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    I eat about 3 treats and stash more in my purse. lol :) I got for the treats more than helping lives.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    It was a joke.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member

Don't you think?

Agree =)
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    I'm confused about why this was even given a second thought....***thinking...thinking...nope, it's a non issue***

I vote to lighten up, pup.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member

Huh? No - I did not answer her rudely.

I was probably being overly sensitive. History, perspective, and all that.