is it wrong to hate a certain race?

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I hate all races.

Because running and my body don't get along.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Reported! :))

Good one!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    My first reaction was "uh-oh...how long will this thread last", LMAO!! :laugh:
  • saraann752003
    Options
    isn't it funny how EVERYONE jumped to the wrong conclusion, even on a fitness board!!!! I was weary, I got to admit...
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Race what makes you happy.

If you aren't having fun racing, I hope you are fast enough to be getting paid to do something that you don't like doing, right?

So don't worry about what your friends are doing, if you find that the training and running of a 10km (or a longer race) just doesn't work for you, don't do it.

Personally, 5km races near kill me. I can go hard (for me) for about 4km and then I tank. I can keep a steady pace for 10km with a high level of burn (again, for me), but in reality I'm only happy at the half marathon distance. At that distance I love the training, I enjoy the race and I find that I can push myself to almost the same speed I can for a 10km. It just works for me. Marathons... well, they get boring and my body falls apart at about 32km, but I'm getting there.

Hats off to you for being able to push through the pain of going hard for 5km, that's tough!

Enjoy yourself, run what works for you and have fun.

S
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

If you aren't having fun racing, I hope you are fast enough to be getting paid to do something that you don't like doing, right?

So don't worry about what your friends are doing, if you find that the training and running of a 10km (or a longer race) just doesn't work for you, don't do it.

Personally, 5km races near kill me. I can go hard (for me) for about 4km and then I tank. I can keep a steady pace for 10km with a high level of burn (again, for me), but in reality I'm only happy at the half marathon distance. At that distance I love the training, I enjoy the race and I find that I can push myself to almost the same speed I can for a 10km. It just works for me. Marathons... well, they get boring and my body falls apart at about 32km, but I'm getting there.

Hats off to you for being able to push through the pain of going hard for 5km, that's tough!

S

JokeOverHead3.jpg
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    That definitely wasn't what I thought the content would be. :)

I second this, I came in expecting an uber-flame thread.
  • redhead91
    Options
    I hate all races equally
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You had me all revved up to debate...you tease
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    engineman312 I love you lol ha ha

I love that image rofl
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i-see-what-you-did-there-300x237.jpg
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I totally missed the fact that it might be "racially motivated" rather than a physical endurance race.

I'm happy that I was oblivious to that :)

S
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh my land! My first thought was "Well yes!!!" Then I thought I better read this one before it gets locked. :laugh: :laugh:
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm offended, whats wrong with 10K races.... ??? lol :laugh:
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I hate nascar.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I totally missed the fact that it might be "racially motivated" rather than a physical endurance race.

I'm happy that I was oblivious to that :)

S

pro_wrestling_NES_a_winner_is_you_1.png

Seriously. It gives me faith in the inherent goodness of human nature.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I love you all :laugh:
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

S

JokeOverHead3.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAha! You made me Lol in the meat aisle! Now people think im crazy :)
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I hate political races...love 5Ks!
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Awesome title to get our attention! Love it! Oh, and I love 5k's but haven't tried a 10k yet, so I can't voice an opinion on that yet...

Thanks for the giggle... :laugh: