RIPPED!!! men and womens advice please

Options
ok i am looking to tone ALOT!!! how do i get that ripped appearance? i am a 24yr old female. i weigh 130lbs. And i want to look ripped all over...........what do i do? im not that experienced with lifting

Replies

• CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ALOT of cardio. Gotta get rid of all, or at least most, subcutaneous fat. Mix liberally with static or low weight/high rep strength building exercises.
  • saraann752003
    Options
    Do your research.
    There are a lot of programs out there to target different things, bulking up, getting the muscular definitions, even targeting different areas. If you have never lifted before, I would highly recommend seeking out a trainer, or talking with your doctor about what program you would like to do.
    There are a lot of different opinions and a lot of different money making scams out there to be wary of... BUT there are also a lot of good resources. I know several people that blog and post on body building forms and have kept track of their postings and blogs and they offer very good advice.
    Establish some goals, do the research, talk to people with the experience (that you trust), and good luck!!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have to respectfully disagree. brb my phone is acting up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    find stroutman81 on here, he knows his stuff when it comes to strength training, and should be able to give you some advice.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    lift and build lean muscle, then cut away all the fat while maintain as much lean muscle as possible. Very tough to do simultaneously, better to focus on one then the other
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    find stroutman81 on here, he knows his stuff when it comes to strength training, and should be able to give you some advice.

I agree with this. Too much cardio will just eat away at muscle mass and raise your cortisol levels making your body want to hang onto fat. strength training is the way to go. I did P90X and then when I dropped the grain and sugar carbs from my diet I finally dropped the fat that was covering up my muscle def. Me and carbs are not friends. Now I do just enough exercise to maintain.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    OK back (HTC is the worst phone ever!) You dont want to do LOTS of cardio. You want to do quality cardio. You also want to lift heavy not light weights. Your diet has to be SPOT ON to get the ripped look. I've suggested it a few times and I'll suggest it agina and again look around bobybuilder.com and follow Paulin Nordine. She has an awesome fighter diet (just a way of eating NOT a "diet" ). There are numerous books (the new rules of lifting for women is one that comes to mind)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    1. Lift heavy. Don't be afraid of a 'guys routine'.
    2. Eat your excersize calories.
    3.'Cardio' is your cool down (or in my case- recreation), keep it limited.
    4. Check out the physique of those offering advice...
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    if your not seeing any results with lifting , youre not doing it right or trying hard enough. increase your weights as it gets easier and try to do only 10-15 reps of sets. or you are just getting your body used to the weight and its doing crap all. but high intensity cardio is also hell important
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

What he said, hehe
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    I will echo the warning about too much cardio. You don't really want extreme endurance exercise which lots of long duration cardio would be. Lift heavy weights, eat all your exercise calories, and I would suggest doing High Intensity Interval Training following your weight workout or better yet lift whole body Monday, Wednesday and Friday with HIIT on Tuesday, Thursday and maybe Saturday. Take Sunday off completely. You might want to check out http://www.bodyrock.tv/
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options

What he said, hehe

Or realize that some people are just getting to the point of working on being ripped and have done the reading. I am not ripped yet, but hopefully by December I should be closer too it. I think bodyrock.tv is a good place to look for stuff since she is definitively ripped.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

What he said, hehe

Lol! What I meant was guys like acg, for example, have obviously learned a few things on the way. I will listen to him before I even consider the thoughts of a novice.

Basically, if I can out perform you.. you have nothing to offer me.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yes, look at me, do tons of cardio girl and some weights 3 sets x 15 reps to plateau and get the lean protein going and clean eating with some chocolate to cheat tho. Hehe
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Yeh what ever ,coming from some1 who could use more cardio,don't take advice from 1 single source,it takes a proper nutrition 1st off to get lean,along with cardio! Cut down sugars,bad fats,raise protein levels,that's the basics,I've hit 4% body fat and nutrition & cardio played the biggest part.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Check out the website bodybuilding.com.

To get more cut, you need to (in general):
    1. lift more, and heavy
    2. do less cardio
    3. eat cleanly
    4. eat less carbs, and more protein

The book "New Rules of Lifting for Women" is great to follow, too.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Check out the website bodybuilding.com.

To get more cut, you need to (in general):
    1. lift more, and heavy
    2. do less cardio
    3. eat cleanly
    4. eat less carbs, and more protein

The book "New Rules of Lifting for Women" is great to follow, too.

You've had some good advice. I agree with Diana. Also check out the Female Fitness section on simplyshredded.com and bodyrock.tv
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Focus on your diet it's the key. A cup of black coffee and 30 min. of uphill walking ( low intensity) on a tread before breakfast will help also. Drink lots of water and sleep 7-9 hours a day.