Success in failure? Totally!

Options
So, this really probably shouldn't even be considered a success story, as my success came out of a complete and total failure. I have been struggling a bit with meeting my calorie limits each day, I do tend to go a little over and since I couldn't yet accurately know what I was actually burning through exercise (no HRM) that little over may be more than I knew.

Although I've been going over, I've been working pretty hard on at the very least making healthier choices. It's been a slow improvement, and is made all the more complicated by the fact that I work in a pizza restaurant, and live with junk-food-junkies, but for the most part I've been able to overcome the junk food cravings and go for the healthier options.

Today, I failed in making the healthy choice. My boyfriend and I ended up going to the Olive Garden for the Soup, Salad, and Bread stick lunch. I knew once I got there though, I was probably going to falter and order my favorite Olive Garden dish, the Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno. There was absolutely NO way that could be good for you, and I knew it. When it came time to order, I faltered as I knew I would, and got the ziti.

While waiting for the meal to arrive I ate that ridiculously addicting salad, and a couple bread sticks (I was completely and totally hungry. Nothing was keeping me away from those bread sticks.) I felt slightly guilty the entire time, but I kept trying to keep the "I shouldn't be doing this" out of my mind.

When the entrees arrived, I started, guiltily, in on this Ziti. I made it a few bites in before I realized it was disgusting. It was SO heavy. It was drenched in salt, and the overall taste of this meal was not at all what I wanted, and there was no way I would be able to finish this plate and still feel well. I ate a little less than half, and even that was too much.

This is the first of probably many small victories. I would much rather eat healthy, and my taste buds and appetite agree with me on that now! I rewarded myself for this minuscule victory that only resulted from my failure to choose a healthy option by walking around a store for quite a while, and I walked out with a brand new heart rate monitor and some resistance tubes :)

Replies

• Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Great Job! That is a huge success and it really shows how well you have been doing :) Keep it up :drinker:
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Very cool!
  • shrinkinglily
    Options
    That is REAL success! I have been finding that eating heavy foods actually makes me feel sick now. It is a good good thing to start noticing body cues again after years of ignoring them. Onward!
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    that is a brill nsv good for you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Definitely a success in a failure! BUT the AWESOME thing is, you KNOW how bad it is for you now. And how disgusting the things that go into it are. After eating healthily or in a smarter way for a bit, your tastebuds learn to reject those foods. I felt that way towards sodas after a 4 day water detox. I can count on 2 hands the times I've had soda in the last year and it wasn't that pleasant of an experience. Great job and keep it up! Great rewards for yourself, too, by the way! Buying things to help you improve your lifestyle change is a good idea!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Keep us up to date on how it works out for you xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!