Tilapia as bad as bacon?

Options
Uhhh crap, I eat tilapia all the time!!! I thought it was a go-to diet food, no?

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    Where did you hear that?!? I eat tilapia. It is low in calories and fat. It has not adversely affected my weight loss.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Uhhh crap, I eat tilapia all the time!!! I thought it was a go-to diet food, no?

The only way Tilapia could be as bad as bacon is if you pan fried it in bacon grease (and even then, it wouldn't be as bad). That's just crazy talk.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I eat tilapia at least once or twice a week, who said that?
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Wait bacon is bad?
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Why would tilapia be a bad thing? I just googled it, and found nothing but good stuff.
  • healthy4self
    Options
    It's been brought up a few times on these forum boards. Something about the omega-6 combination in the fish. I will be very sad if this is true
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This is a tricky riddle. I guess i give up. Why IS tilapia as bad as bacon?
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    If you bread the *kitten* out of it, deep fry it in bacon fat, then spread butter on it, and dip it in tartar sauce before eating, then yes. Tilapia is as bad as bacon.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I had talpia today for lunch, it was low in calories.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    indian people eat Tilapia all the time because they consider it a tasty fish
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke??? Please expain. Thanks! (coming from an almost daily tilapia eater) :-)
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It's been brought up a few times on these forum boards.

I'm sure you can find posts about how every single thing is bad for you on these forums. I read a few days ago that anthing more than 12 glasses of water is going to kill you...

That being said, I love tilapia and eat it quite often.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Almost all tilapia is farm raised and void of almost all nutritional value - so maybe that is how it's worse?
  • healthy4self
    Options
    IDK, that's why I'm asking! I was dumbfounded when I heard this rumor, too!
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I don't think its bad at all unless, as others stated, you do not cook it in a healthy way. Someone mentioned the possibility of it being bad because of the speed at which it grows, but that's actually one of the things that makes it really good for you. Tilapia has a low mercury level due to this which makes it a great choice for expecting mothers.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    If you bread the *kitten* out of it, deep fry it in bacon fat, then spread butter on it, and dip it in tartar sauce before eating, then yes. Tilapia is as bad as bacon.

Too funny! :laugh:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Wait bacon is bad?

Nothing burps better than bacon! :bigsmile:
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options

Too funny! :laugh:

agree
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    Wait bacon is bad?

Nothing burps better than bacon! :bigsmile:

Of course bacon is bad for you especially if its fried in oil and it contains a lot of fat the kind that clogs your arteries.
  • dieselveins
    dieselveins Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes most all tilapia is all farm raised in fish hatcheries and those ones are not good. They have been found to carry the bad omega.. but if you research where you tilapia comes from.. make sure its wild and not farmed.. that's the only way it can be bad for you.. fresh/ wild is good .... Farmed is bad good luck