Fatty be gone!

Options
Hello everyone. I'm hoping with all of my might that this will be the way to keep myself healthy. At 25 years old, I am currently 286 pounds and feel constantly tired and sore. My big wake up call came after watching my friend give birth to a gorgeous baby girl. I saw the pictures of me holding that tiny baby and knew if I ever wanted that for myself, I needed to really make a change, and quickly. Since March 2011 I have lost only 10 pounds, but 7 inches from my belly, and 5 from around my hips. This has been the most miserable summer of my life (where I live it's been at least 100 degrees for the last 3 months with only 2 days of low 90s and once a glorious 80's). This fatty, does not want to spend another summer melting.

So here I am. Tried the weight watchers thing, decided it wasn't working for me because they focus so much on weight instead of everything that you're putting into your body. Hoping that this works for me.

Replies

• karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i hope this awesome site will help you on your journey. i have been here since January and i think it is the best thing i have found this year besides my boyfriend! if you would like to mutually support each other feel free to friend me.....best of luck!
  • carogza
    Options
    Well you already took the first step to a healthier you!! congratulations!!! you are young and beautiful, so you have all the advantages you need.

Keep rocking!!
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have tried the WW thing as well and let me tell you, MFP is about 1,000 times better. Congrats on starting your journey towards a healthier you. I wish you the best and if you need support along the way feel free to add me. :o)
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome! On April 1st, 2011 I weighed 282 pounds. I am still extremely overweight at 237 but I am getting there and you can too. I dont know what will end up being the key to your success...for me it is exercise. But whatever it is you can do this. (((hugs)))