19 pounds to lose!

12by311
12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello MFP Followers!

I just signed up last week. So I figured I would jump in on some discussions on the message boards.

I have always been very active and in shape. I played three sports (year round) during high school and when I graduated I was 165 lbs. I am 5'7" and even though I thought I was fat, looking back, I know I was very dense and muscular. Hardly any flab.

I went to a large university and stopped being active, but didn't change my eating habits. So I gained about 23 pounds (that I know of, I tried to stay away from the scale). I did weight watchers and lost 20 pounds. That was about 6 years ago and I've kept it off.

I am a teach and I coach two sports, so I am in the gym a lot. I play volleyball and basketball. But with my schedule (games and such) getting exercise is sporadic. I'll play full-court basketball for 120 minutes one day then I won't get to do anything for the next two days.

Also, I love love love to run. In the spring, when I am not coaching anything, and the weather warms up. I begin running no less than 4 times a week...with some weight training. I run an 8k every summer with my best friend.

As far as eating habits, I drink TONS of water per day. I eat breakfast. I eat lots of fruits and veggies. I feel like I eat very healthy. I do realize and admit my addiction to sweets. MAJOR sweet tooth!

However, with all this exercise, I still feel as though my body could stand to lose about 19 pounds. I realize that my body is most fat than muscle now than it was in high school. That's why I think I can stand to lose this weight.

Here are my stats:
Height: 5'7"
HW: 188 (that I know of, may have been higher at some point)
LW: 165 (graduated from high school)
CW: 169
GW: 150

I've been on MFP for a week and weigh in tomorrow. My hubby is also on here. Of course, he'll totally lose 5 pounds the first week (he does pretty much opposite of everything I mentioned I do above, haha). I am hoping for a 1 pound lost at least! :):glasses:

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Hello MFP Followers!

I just signed up last week. So I figured I would jump in on some discussions on the message boards.

I have always been very active and in shape. I played three sports (year round) during high school and when I graduated I was 165 lbs. I am 5'7" and even though I thought I was fat, looking back, I know I was very dense and muscular. Hardly any flab.

I went to a large university and stopped being active, but didn't change my eating habits. So I gained about 23 pounds (that I know of, I tried to stay away from the scale). I did weight watchers and lost 20 pounds. That was about 6 years ago and I've kept it off.

I am a teach and I coach two sports, so I am in the gym a lot. I play volleyball and basketball. But with my schedule (games and such) getting exercise is sporadic. I'll play full-court basketball for 120 minutes one day then I won't get to do anything for the next two days.

Also, I love love love to run. In the spring, when I am not coaching anything, and the weather warms up. I begin running no less than 4 times a week...with some weight training. I run an 8k every summer with my best friend.

As far as eating habits, I drink TONS of water per day. I eat breakfast. I eat lots of fruits and veggies. I feel like I eat very healthy. I do realize and admit my addiction to sweets. MAJOR sweet tooth!

However, with all this exercise, I still feel as though my body could stand to lose about 19 pounds. I realize that my body is most fat than muscle now than it was in high school. That's why I think I can stand to lose this weight.

Here are my stats:
    Height: 5'7"
    HW: 188 (that I know of, may have been higher at some point)
    LW: 165 (graduated from high school)
    CW: 169
    GW: 150

I've been on MFP for a week and weigh in tomorrow. My hubby is also on here. Of course, he'll totally lose 5 pounds the first week (he does pretty much opposite of everything I mentioned I do above, haha). I am hoping for a 1 pound lost at least! :):glasses:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Good luck to you both! This site is great and so helpful!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    mfpwelcome001-1.png

Glad to have you both here:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.