Need some tips and support for the weekends

Options
For as long as I can remember I do fairly well during the week, but once the weekends come-- I sabotage myself... sometimes gaining up to 6 lbs from all the food and alochol. I've literally done this for the last 7 years or so (wow- that's really sad)

I'm determined to make a lifestyle change and not be so reliant on food and liquor and to make it thru the weekend.. just like any other day of the week.

Well this is my first weeekend truly following with MFP and I have a family gathering tomorrow afternoon, dinner w hubby at a steakhouse tomorrow night and a Vikings game (I live in MN on Sunday)

I'm trying my best to plan ahead and put my meals into the diary so that I stick to the plan.

Any ideas to help me stay on track would help greatly. I'm determined to make some positive changes in my life- and weekends are my biggest downfall.

Replies

• ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Unfortunatly there is no quick answer! The change has to come from inside you. I can give you tips,(ex- avoid eating out, bring your own food to get togethers, etc...) but those things are all way easier said than done. You need to find a way to limit yourself and conquer that yourself....sorry, I dont mean to sound all preachy and everything, but I have seriously been where you are. I made the excuses about eating what was served at family dinners, etc.....but I finally got to a point where I truly wanted to change my habits .... I mean, really we all say we want to be thinner, be healthier, eat better, etc....but I got to a point where I truly wanted it enough that I knew I had to be the one to make the changes. There will always be an excuse to cheat, over-indulge, etc....its hard...really hard...in the beginning...but eventually you adjust to it. dont get me wrong, I still eat out, drink wine/beer, I have just figured how to balance it. (eating out for dinner=extra 10 minutes on treadmill plus watching what I eat the rest of the day really closely) Its all a give and take.

Sorry, just finished a glass of wine, I'm feeling chatty and my hubby is out! lol
  • sheltielover
    sheltielover Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    this is the best advice anyone could have given to me. thank you for your honesty and bluntness!

enjoy your wine! :)