BINGE EATING FOR THE PAST WEEK!!

i don't want to gain weight, in fact i have been doing some progress until a few family members came over and are now staying with me.... I just keep eating non stop when i have them around... i don't know what's wrong and the issue is i can't even STOP myself it's insane!!! i keep thinking of food and eating ...no i'm not obese but i just don't get whyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate this! :( i don't like this feeling and i need some convincing/motivation/and serious help more like an intervention.
If this helps... I've been having those diet pills i know it's dangerous but i don't know why i take them i just feel like i need appetite suppressants .... and now i stopped it for a while. I overeat when i have a pill and when i don't , it's just effective sometimes :S

has anyone gone through this? i cant stop eating since last week i will gain so much weight if i don't stop right NOW

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Relatives in town can be tough. I think you should try looking at WHY you are overeating around them. Is it stress from them being there? Is it boredom? Is it because they are eating or asking for junk in the house, so you find yourself just joining in?

Once you figure out why, you can quickly come up with reasons and ways to prevent it.

GL!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    I know the feeling. :/ Try to see what triggers your eating, and stay awayyyy from junk food and the kitchen. If it helps, come on here, workout, go for a walk, anything! I also find it helps to write down everything you ate, and then why you decided to eat it.
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    I've been binging the past week too.... I know my trigger is stress. It has been an insane week and my diet is suffering because of it! Feel free to friend me.... maybe we can help each other!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Hi there,

I'm so sorry you're going through this - I know how very frustrating it is. First, can you switch the foods over to healthier things? That way you're not taking in so many calories? Second, have you tried keeping a drink in hand at all times? I have a 32oz. Weight Watchers cup that has a straw and I'm constantly drinking water and green tea from it. It keeps me feeling fuller and if I have the mug in hand I'm much less likely to have food in hand. Finally, have you considered talking to your family about what you're going through and enlisting their support? I hope that they would be supportive of your efforts to lose weight and stay on track. Best of luck to you. I hope it all works out and you're able to get this under control. *hugs*
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 837 Member
    I've been bingeing some the past couple days in the evening. I've been sick with a bad cold, and I tell myself that my body needs the extra food to get better. What I need to do is drink more water and flush this illness out of me and get back moving and eating better, and then I'll feel better. Maybe you can tell your relatives that you are on a diet/lifestyle change and would like their support to help you eat better. Wish you the best.
  • Thank you for taking the time to reply... i mean seeing people going through it helps but it helps more if we could just stop it!!

thank you amber for the tip !! i tried drinking water the past few days to stop binging but i would just stop drinking instead... tomorrow i'll apply your advice and keep a bottle in my hand. xx

and LOLL i knoww i get this feeling when i'm studying it's like i would tell myself i need food to process info... that's so not true! both studying and a flu need healthy food and hydration .... tomorrow my biggest challenge is getting back on track
    OH WELL
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    I have struggled to overcome binging for the past 2 years, so I know exactly what you're going through all too well. There is nothing worse than feeling completely out of control in your own body. The constant sense of failure is devastating.

In my attempts to combat binges, I have tried just about every trick in the book. Drinking tons of water, distracting myself with other activities, exercising more, blah blah blah.

And while all of those help to a certain extent, NOTHING has helped me more than finally realizing it's all in my head. The phrase "mind over matter" may be considered cliche, but it cannot be underestimated in this case. Once you decide you're not going to binge in your own mind, there is no other "secret weapon" that will help you more. You are in control of your body, despite how strong your cravings are. No one is coming into your room, forcing food down your throat. If you want to feel good when you step on the scale tomorrow, you'll resist the temptation to overeat.

Of course, this is all easier said than done, but keeping these thoughts in mind has worked wonders for me. Also, taking things one day at a time, rather than feeling discouraged or dismayed at how long it's taking you to lose the weight. Just do your very best today. By doing that, you're preparing yourself for a better tomorrow. Personally, 1 binge day will take me between 3 - 7 days to "undo." I've come to realize that it is simply NOT worth it. I've worked too hard to take orders from food.

Don't get me wrong, I've not completely eliminated binging from my life. But I've gone from overeating almost every single day to MAYBE 3 - 4 days out of the month. It's helped me lose around 25lbs in the past couple of months, too. Once you start seeing the results from your efforts, it really encourages you to keep going, and work even harder. Seeing the number drop on the scale is so much more rewarding for me than eating until I'm sick. It's just about remembering that when the cravings are overwhelming. That's the tough part. But it's most certainly possible. I have the utmost faith in you!
  • woww i. i was JUST about to go into the kitchen and have chocolate gravy but reading this eliminated the craving!!!!! you're so convincing because i had all this in my mind before but i needed a reminder of how it works and how i was not even interested in food...
    "There is nothing worse than feeling completely out of control in your own body. The constant sense of failure is devastating. "

THIS is exactly what i'm feeling right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't even stop my mind and mouth!!! uuuuuhhh i even tolld my mom today not to buy bread because i was eating it out of control i just simply can't control myself when it comes to some foods

thank youu so much i meann it!! although i know i might just go back to binging ...the idea of this hope your story justt gave me is just liberating =)