Did anyone here get depressed after working out?

Options
13»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have other issues going on..

I do think you have something going on in that head of yours.
    Working out for me is the best part of the day. Also body needs more sleep to recovery from weight training.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Now there is an interesting thing, especially since my sleeping patterns changed... I thought sleep apnea was where you fell asleep randomly and stuff or am I way off?

I'm pretty sure its when you keep waking up in the night but aren't aware of it, so you aren't getting the sleep you need. So you might have just about enough energy to get through a normal day, but add in a gym session and it leaves you exhausted, which makes you irritable and depressed.
  • Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Now there is an interesting thing, especially since my sleeping patterns changed... I thought sleep apnea was where you fell asleep randomly and stuff or am I way off?

I'm pretty sure its when you keep waking up in the night but aren't aware of it, so you aren't getting the sleep you need. So you might have just about enough energy to get through a normal day, but add in a gym session and it leaves you exhausted, which makes you irritable and depressed.

Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing while you're sleeping for periods of time. It's very very serious. If you ever wake up coughing and out of breath it could be that. You usually have to be monitored overnight to be sure. My boyfriends father has to be hooked up to a CPAP device to help him sleep through the night. It is usually hereditary. Narcolepsy is when you fall asleep randomly.