Workout with weights DVD?

Options
Hi folks
I am all good with my cardio but need something to help me with weight training at home for the days I can't get to the gym.
I am doing the 30DS at the moment and love the weights section.
Can anyone recommend a good DVD for home use to keep me motivated.
Thanks guys.

Replies

• ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    P90X is great.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    If you like 30DS you can try Jillian's other DVD's too! She has one called "No More Trouble Zones" which is ALL strength stuff and runs at 45 mins workout, plus a 5 min warm-up and a 10 min cool-down (so an hour in total).

If that's too long for you, you could try her "new" one Ripped in 30 - which is along the same vein as 30DS but with different moves.

She also has a pure cardio one that you're supposed to alternatve with NMTZ called "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism", but if you're already getting a lot of cardio in I wouldn't worry about getting this one.

Steph
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    ChaLean Extreme! Love it!
  • ical50
    Options
    I just started Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD. I think many of her DVDs are great! There is also one that is "with weights" so you may look for that one!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    If you REALLY want to weight train- http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    chalean extreme, great workout in a little over 30 minutes, if you have more time P90X is also great!
  • tangal88
    Options
    another vote for Chalene Extreme orP90X - both good, and similar programs.
  • catlady100
    Options
    p90x
    chalean extreme

Supreme 90
    Kelley Coffey-Meyer's DVDs (research on collagevideo..i like Olympic lifting, split sessions
    Seriously Strong - Gin Miller

Do your research by looking at clips, reviews on collagevideo and amazon.com. Also imo it's best to look at how tough it is and if it's geared to your fitness level before u buy eg: I don't think that p90x is geared to beginners. Sure, lots of people work there way up to it, but a lot of people also get discouraged and it ends up being another expensive fitness tool that doesn't get used.
  • jooles0
    Options
    Thanks guys will check them out.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Another vote for CHX (Chalene Extreme).