addicted to burning calories

Options
Gee wiz....the whole week I have been averaging about 750 exercise calories a day and figured I would relax today, being Sunday and all...well I made it until 9 am and then had to get on the exercise bike and burn a quick 235 calories...feel better now but am I obsessing? anyone think a day off is mandatory?
thanks

Dave:smile:

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Gee wiz....the whole week I have been averaging about 750 exercise calories a day and figured I would relax today, being Sunday and all...well I made it until 9 am and then had to get on the exercise bike and burn a quick 235 calories...feel better now but am I obsessing? anyone think a day off is mandatory?
    thanks

Dave:smile:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are obsessing I just think you are motivated... take advantage of it while it lasts! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with enjoying your workouts!

I personally love the way I feel when I exercise! Endorphins rock!!:drinker: :wink:

As long as you feel ok, then keep it up! Your body will let you know when you need to take a breather!

-Tami
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Many say when you are first starting out it is good to do some cardio everyday until it becomes a habit. If not that day off for some becomes 2 or 3 and just an excuse for "I'll do it tomorrow, this will be my day off". That being said, weight training is totally different. The muscles need to rest. Cardio we can do daily.
    Amy:drinker:

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • scottd521
    scottd521 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I suggest you crosstrain, do different cardio using different muscles. I alternate running(lower body) and doing home workouts(targeting upper body and flexability). I found that taking days off from running increase my gains significantly.
  • michelleisfit
    michelleisfit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean by obsessing about burning calories. My mind can't stop thinking about exercise if I don't burn at least 800 a day by working out....
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with enjoying your workouts!

I personally love the way I feel when I exercise! Endorphins rock!!:drinker: :wink:

As long as you feel ok, then keep it up! Your body will let you know when you need to take a breather!

-Tami

I agree! I *try* to take an off day atleast once a week, but I always end up doing something!! :) What can I say, I like to workout!!