Almond butter or peanut butter?

Which is better for you? I've always thought almond butter was healthier since almonds are really good for you, but I'm not too sure. *_*

Replies

• cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Comparing all-natural, no salt added side-by-side, almond butter has more protein, less calories, and less fat.
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    I'm not sure but I know peanut butter has a lot of calories and fat. Even the reduced fat peanut butter. I tried to find a peanut butter to put in with body by vi shake but I didn't think it was worth the calories or fat grams. I've never had almond butter how is it?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    There's not really a huge difference in any of the nut butters - I like to ring the changes just for variety - currently on a jar of hazelnut butter.
  • I'm not sure but I know peanut butter has a lot of calories and fat. Even the reduced fat peanut butter. I tried to find a peanut butter to put in with body by vi shake but I didn't think it was worth the calories or fat grams. I've never had almond butter how is it?

I personally prefer almond butter to peanut butter, tastes just like roasted almonds except that it's spreadable. Might put almond butter instead of peanut butter into my protein shakes as well. You should give it a try!
  • mikegohl
    mikegohl Posts: 68 Member
    You might want to try PB2. Not everyone likes it.
  • MKB83
    MKB83 Posts: 31
    Personally I prefer almond butter - also if you look at the ingredients for almond butter, you often can find ones that are just almonds. I've never seen peanut butter without all the added stuff.

And I've read a lot about how almond butter is better, and personally I prefer it (unsalted).

- M
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Anyone know if you can buy Almond butter in the UK?
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Anyone know if you can buy Almond butter in the UK?

Holland and Barrett sells the Meridian Naturals almond butter.