Different Nutritional Fact btw website and Recipe Books

Jranalli76
Jranalli76 Posts: 6 Member
I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this problem, but when I list my recipes by each ingredient the nutritional facts and calorie count are completely different from the ones listed in the fact sheets of my recipe books (sometime by over 150 calories). I'm not sue which I should be using, and it's a bit frustrating. Any advice?

Replies

• beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    I would use the recipe books and go under my foods and create new food. You do not have to list ingredients there so you can just use the ones in your book. They can't publish the wrong calories and on here the calories are often far from right.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    IF you find a food that does not have the correct info. you can go to the food section at the top. Go to database, enter the food and at the top left there will be an edit botton. Enter the correct info and save. Make sure you enter all the correct info and not just the calories. Hope this helps.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    i prefer to use the values generated from the recipe here, as i may be using slightly different brands in my recipe than originally used by the people the made the recipe and that alone can make a difference in overall counts.
  • Jranalli76
    Jranalli76 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I will use the facts listed in the books from now on. And I actually checked the database and luckily someone has already put in the nutritional facts to most of the recipe in the book I was using, so less work for me :happy: