Doing Okay...But Want to Do Better

Options
I started MFP at the beginning of August and I've lost about 15 lbs so far (out of a goal of about 50). I have consistently logged my food every day, but over the last couple of weeks, I've started eating more junk (my sodium is ridiculous) and not working out AT ALL. My "cheat days" are becoming more and more frequent. I am a first year teacher and I work about 60 hours a week, but I don't want to make excuses. I think I just need a kick start to get me eating more healthily and going to the gym again. Any advice?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Stop making excuses. Easy.

I work in a school I see many teachers who spend their lunch breaks walking the halls. They make little groups and go for a brisk walk. Even with wrist weights, although I don't really agree with that. You can also just stop at the gym on your way home, don't go home first. Get a work out buddy.... Go work out int the school weight room for free, that's what I do.
    Of course I have the luxury of being very close to the high school.
    Look at the other teachers. see the ones with kids that just let themselves go. Do you want to be like that? See the ones all in shape. Wow, that can be you.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Stop making excuses.
    ummm...this. My advice is...get back to it!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Get back into healthy eating.....start moving again. If you don't want to do a heavy workout, just start walking every day. Start with about 30 minutes and then you can increase (if you have more time). For snacks, rather then eating junk food, have fruits and vegetables, nuts or yogurt. You can do this....
  • stoofers
    Options
    Put on your workout clothes, even when you don't want to work out. I find that whenever I don't want to go for a run and I put them on I have no excuses not to.
  • terrie98
    Options
    Finally!! I found someone with the same problem as me! I am a second year teacher! I have lost about 10 pounds (45 is my goal). I was doing really good until school started... then I found less and less time to go to the gym. I was going after school, then my husband got a job (thank you God!) and we became more and more busy! My goal is to take it day by day.. starting today! I am going to find little ways to push myself to the next level. If I have a meeting until 7, I will make myself do some kind of exercise even if it is just play the EA SPORTS ACTIVE game on playstation. On days I do not have meetings, I will take my clothes with me to work and go straight to the gym.

Good Luck! Just remind yourself why you are doing this and get some of that motivation back
  • scl552
    Options
    How about walking in the evening? What time are you getting home?
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You started at the beginning of August ? ... so less than 2 months ago, and have lost 15 lbs. If you only have 50 to lose, I don't think you can lose more than that in a month and half healthily. Aim for 1-2 lbs a week and stick to it.