Calorie cycling-Success anyone?

Options
Has anyone tried the zig-zagging or calorie cycling methods for weight loss? I have been reading about it and it sounds promising though the calculators seem to set the calories high for me.

Replies

• peddlepusher
    Options
    I do 2 wks zig-zag then 4 wks regular and repeat... I don't really lose during zig-zagging but get a jump when I return to regular. It seems to help me from stalling out ...
  • carlove99
    carlove99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is it? I'm curious
  • crazylizz
    crazylizz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It is a method of alternating calorie intake to "trick" the body and help improve metabolism and increase weight loss.

I typed in zig-zagging calories on line and got lots of info all positive. There are also calculators available. Mine says;

Daily Calorie Requirement

Maintenance: 3080 Calories/day
    Weight Loss: 2464 Calories/day
    Extreme Weight Loss: 1848 Calories/day

Exteme
    Weight Loss Weight Loss Maintain
    Monday: 1848 2464 3080
    Tuesday: 1479 1971 2464
    Wednesday: 2218 2957 3696
    Thursday: 1848 2464 3080
    Friday: 1663 2218 2772
    Saturday: 2033 2710 3388
    Sunday: 1848 2464 3080

Those are higher calories than MFP allows me but it is interesting.
  • elizahbeth
    Options
    Hi,

I just started trying the zig zag and lost a pound in the second week. I think I will go back to the steady cal count and see
    if that works for me like Peddlepusher's did, since I'm just at the end of the second week now.

I'll check back and let you know how it went.

Liz
  • cal1973
    cal1973 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I've tried zig-zagging. I'm ok on the days where I can eat more, but can't do the days when I have to eat less........:bigsmile:
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I do this inadvertently. Some days I have trouble sticking to my calorie limit and am starving (even though I'm eating a lot!) and other days I have no trouble sticking to my guidelines. The fact that I generally stay under and only have a few of the "hungry" days means I don't sweat it too much - especially as it does keep the metabolism guessing and may prevent it slowing down.