Severe mood swings; depression
Lack of energy and weakness
Slowed thinking; poor memory
Dry, yellowish skin and brittle nails
Constipation and bloating
Tooth decay and gum damage
Dizziness, fainting, and headaches
Growth of fine hair all over the body and face

Has your weight loss slowed down? The symptoms listed above are the symptoms of anorexia. Sound a lot like "starvation mode" to me. I got there. Now I'm to do this better then before. Finish up this journey. Reach my goals and not make myself miserable along the way.

Replies

• Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I started getting dizzy last week and quickly realized I was not eating near enough. Soon sorted that out. Nothing is worth it!
  • mikemsolberg
    Options
    True if you experience those symptoms they can be caused by a severe lack of calorie intake. A lot of those symptoms described (besides tooth decay and gum damage which is more along the lines of bulimia) can also be caused by hypothyroidism and hypoglycemia. If anyone experiences those symptoms they should be consulting with a doctor because there could be more to it than just under eating.
    These are the rules I follow. Don't eat under 1200 calories or else your body will go into starvation mode and will store fat instead of using it for energy; If you do work out then add 200 calories to your plan. Remember that its just not about cutting calories but eating the right foods in the right combination's such as fast carbs, slow carbs and protein in one meal so that everything can metabolize properly without spiking your blood sugar. This is a good way to keep the weight off after you have lost it because it promotes healthy choices where you can still eat what you love. Eat every 2-3 hrs to keep your metabolism going and a good rule of thumb is if it has a label on it don't eat it. Good luck!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Lack of energy and weakness
    Dry, yellowish skin and brittle nails
    Constipation and bloating
    Tooth decay and gum damage
    Dizziness, fainting, and headaches
    Growth of fine hair all over the body and face

Has your weight loss slowed down? The symptoms listed above are the symptoms of anorexia. Sound a lot like "starvation mode" to me. I got there. Now I'm to do this better then before. Finish up this journey. Reach my goals and not make myself miserable along the way.
    bloating
    Dizziness wanting to sleep in afternoon

Those are mine... Mind you I am 11 stone, eating the right amount... So not sure where where mine fit in??? My weight loss has yet to start! Still new here and looking into thyroid problems at the moment xx