New mom, new to site.

Options
Hi there -

I have been using the site for about two weeks now, so I figured it was time to introduce myself.

I am a new mom (currently on mat leave), adjusting to this new lifestyle and this new body. It is not the same shape and size as before the pregnancy...though I can't totally blame the pregnancy! I have been slowly gaining over the years - the pregnancy just put the weight gain into hyper-drive.

My goals are:
- to log in every day
- to track my food and exercise honestly
- to return to my pre-pregnancy weight (150 lbs) by February 1st, 2011
- to return to 130 lbs by September 1st, 2011
- to take a moderate approach and improve my habits slowly, in a more lasting way

Too many times have I tried to make radical changes without success.
Too many times have I faltered and let myself down.

My son deserves better, and so do I.

If you are a new mom, and you can relate to what I am saying, I'd love to hear from you!

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a great plan! Welcome to mfp. Lots of support here to help you get where you are going!!!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of a 2 year old boy and a 4 year old girl, and I can totally relate. Being a new Mom and taking time for your health is a unique balance that takes time to achieve, but your goals are reasonable and totally doable! Add me as a friend if you want and we can keep each other motivated over the long term!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :)

I am a new mommy (again), my little man will be 5 months on the 27th. I am here also trying to make some healthy changes for myself and my kids. I have a lot to lose but plan on getting it done no matter how long it takes.

Looks like you have a great plan in place...Feel free to add me
  • jtsmith34
    jtsmith34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in the same boat. My daughter is almost 18 months and I'm still struggling with body issues. I was like you and had been slowly gaining, then got pregnant, and my weight went out of control. I just recently finally lost all of the baby weight, now I'm trying to get back to what I was 3 years ago. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I started this site after having my 3rd baby. He is almost 9 mos. I also have a 3 yr old and 10 yr old. I am probably in the best shape of my life since high school when I played sports thanks to this site-good luck to you!