not a weekend & not an every other day work out lady

:blushing: :blushing: so i think that I finally figured out a workout schedule for me, Monday through thursday. I tried the Monday wed friday saturday thing, but by the time I would get to friday I would have so much to do that I would never workout on friday or saturday. getting up in the morning to go to a class is torture; especially as a teacher who is naturally a night owl and so naturally i sleep in on saturdays; i already have to get up on sunday through friday. lol

I then tried the monday tuesday, thursday friday thing and that does not work either because by the time i give myself that short break i want another and i convince myself that i can catch up on friday and saturday and then again i am hit with the dilema of getting up on saturday and then finding time before date night or girls night on friday.

i could never get through 1 whole week working out more than times a week but I did the mon - thurs and got through it and i did it! I also figured out that i love classes better than working out on my own in my house or at the gym on boring redundant machines. classes make me feel like i am in high school or jr high again with gym class. guess my man putting me on his hour fitness acct was just what i needed!

Replies

• I am glad you found something that works for you! Everyone is different, finding your own thing is difficult to do at times :D Keep it up, though! Good luck to you!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Congratulations on finding what works for you! It is easy to put something off and then realize, OH CRAP I DIDN'T DO IT AT ALL!
    #1 you are working out. Jump for joy!!
    #2 as long as you don't work the same body parts 2 days in a row, you should do just fine!
    Good job!!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Great for finding what works for you! Now stick to it and don't make excuses!

I work out 6 of 7 days a week with Sundays off. (technically i still walk on Sundays) but I have so much to lose I can't afford to slack off or I'll eventually stop. It's all about knowing yourself and making it work to achieve your goals! :happy:
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    I agree - the hardest thing about finding a routine you'll stick to is finding how it fits into your schedule (IMHO). I have two full-time jobs and am often working at home, too - it's basically 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, I have found that I can do some workouts in the morning if I get up a little earlier (like Yoga etc). And I have also managed to give myself a two hour window on Mondays when I can hit the weights in the gym. (I train hard and heavy, so weights once a week fits my need for resistance training just fine).

I've also set up a laptop on my exercise bike so while I'm doing Low Intensity cardio I can still write up reports using dictation software, so I end up killing two birds with one stone! (Sadly, I still have to find the time to do my HIIT workouts on it....). But after much experimentation, I've found something that works for me, and that makes it a lot easier to stick to.