Tunnel to Towers Run

Options
Anyone else taking part in these tomorrow? I am running the one in NYC and can't wait! I have helped out before but this is the first time I am going to run.

http://www.tunneltotowersrun.org/

It is a great cause and follows the steps of Stephen Siller, a fireman who ran from Brooklyn through the tunnel and died saving people in the WTC.

Replies

• jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome G!!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think it's absolutely wonderful that you're doing this. And I can't wait to hear all about it.

Good luck tomorrow!

I just know you'll make yourself and all of us proud!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    I participated in the one in Albuquerque on September 11th. I am a walker, not a runner, but finished in 47:40.

The day was filled with remembrances and tributes to all that were lost on 9/11/2001 - but the most incredible thing I witnessed that day was the last person who crossed the finish line. His name is Eric and he is an Iraqi vet. He is a paraplegic and had to blow into a little tube to make his wheelchair travel the 3.1 miles. If that doesn't touch your heart, you are dead. It was a most humbling experience and I still get chills thinking about it.

Good luck on your run tomorrow!!!
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was planning on it, but the train line I take to the city got destroyed in Irene so getting to the city on weekends is now difficult. A bunch of my friends will be running in the West Point cadet group, though!

I wish I was going to be there. Good luck! You'll have a great time, I'm sure!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I just read about this in Runners World magazine!!! Good luck!
  • shonasteele
    Options
    I read about it in Runner's World too. (tip: don't read it at work - not cool crying all over the place)

I sounds really amazing and I'm sure it will be a powerful experience. Take kleenex :o)

Good for you for running!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    I read about it in Runner's World too. (tip: don't read it at work - not cool crying all over the place)

I sounds really amazing and I'm sure it will be a powerful experience. Take kleenex :o)

Good for you for running!

Yeah I am a little worried about that... I was really close that day and ended up working with the city on the recovery time starting a couple of days after the 11th.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    What a great time.... 30.000 people... streets were packed.the tunnel was tight but there were so any firefighters in full gear running it was crazy...

Race was slow but i will do it again next year for sure!

school2011001a.jpg
    Team Gorilla kicked *kitten*!