xbox kinect questions....zumba? BL? Others?

Options
**Disclaimer** Yoga enthusiasts may not want to continue reading...

We bought a Kinect. Much to my husbands dismay we didn't even buy any "controller games". That's the whole point is not to sit on our behinds! We got the adventures game and purchased biggest loser and "wipe-Out".

The adventures game is good but the stop and start of it all really slows down my workout. And let's be honest I want to get the biggest bang for my buck timewise and waiting for things to load and save between each "adventure" is less than time efficient.

Wipe-out...well that was my husbands pick. While entertaining, not doing much for me in the workout category.

Biggest-Loser. I do think I get a decent work out here but today's scheduled session? Yoga...ALL yoga. BORING. I did suffer through half of it. That was until we got to the pose where lie on your back. I've tried yoga before with the same outcomes. I'm sorry it bores me terribly. I'm not saying there isn't a place for it as I know many people love it. I'm just not one of them.

So I'm on the hunt for a more cardio intensive game that will beat me up continuously throughout the work out with minimal down time. I'm the type of gal who would love to have a personal trainer, not for the education part of it but for someone to yell and carry on and tell me to work harder. I know I'm weird.

Any thoughts? I was leaning towards Zumba, as I LOVE LOVE the classes but my instructor is due to have a baby any day now and has stopped teaching.

Anyone tried Zumba for kinect?

Sorry for the long post. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba for the kinect. Even if i don't get all the moves spot on, i still get a great work out. I also have UFC Trainer which is really good too!
  • Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i heard it was AWESOME! I've been meaning to try it myself. I use Just Dance 2 for wii, but with that, you have downtime, between songs. It still feels like a good workout and I've still lost. I hope this is helpful, even though I didn't answer your question.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I found that Dance Central burns as many calories as a zumba session. Once you get to the more difficult dances, it becomes pretty challenging, and there is a workout mode that makes you move pretty constantly. Plus, it like whoa fun!
  • katrina1025
    katrina1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Do you have Just Dance for the Kinect?
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Do you have Just Dance for the Kinect?
    I have Just Dance, but I rarely use it. I liked Dance Central much better, but I imagine the calorie burn would be similar. Dance Central seemed a bit faster paced to me.