What kind of HRM should I get???

Options
I've been considering getting a HRM for a while but I was never quite sure. I'd like the option to know my constant calorie burn throughout the day if possible. I was looking at the body media that is similar to the Body bugg except cheaper but I don't think that's the one for me. I have heard great things about Polar and since it would be good for indoor and outdoor It might be the one. Also, I've thought about the Garmin 405 cx which has gps and is good for running and seems to be more accurate than Nike +. I want a HRM that can at least track heart rate and calories during weight training/ indoor cardio and a gps tracker would be nice so I could track my progress, times, distance, etc. with running. Please share your experiences with your HRM so I can make a better buying decision. Thanks guys!! You're awesome!!

Replies

• MaudeBeige
    Options
    *Sits back and waits to see what others say!

I have a HRM which doesn't have the ability to input my weight. Surely this is not accurate as far as calories burned is concerned if this function is not available?
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    a HRM is one of my mini goal gifts...I'm gonna get the Polar FT60. Another version is the FT7
  • lauehorn
    Options
    I've been considering getting a HRM for a while but I was never quite sure. I'd like the option to know my constant calorie burn throughout the day if possible. I was looking at the body media that is similar to the Body bugg except cheaper but I don't think that's the one for me. I have heard great things about Polar and since it would be good for indoor and outdoor It might be the one. Also, I've thought about the Garmin 405 cx which has gps and is good for running and seems to be more accurate than Nike +. I want a HRM that can at least track heart rate and calories during weight training/ indoor cardio and a gps tracker would be nice so I could track my progress, times, distance, etc. with running. Please share your experiences with your HRM so I can make a better buying decision. Thanks guys!! You're awesome!!

If you want to track through out the day, get a bodybugg.
  • Fiyero
    Options
    Not sure if this will work for you but I use a Polar Wearlink chest strap which is bluetooth enabled. Note that there are several Wearlink models and bluetooth is key for me. That allows me to pair it with my phone and track that way. Since my phone has an internal GPS module, it can also track distance during a run etc. If you want something standalone, the Garmin forerunner is a good unit and I believe there are versions of forerunner which are waterfroof. A nice bonus if you're swimming.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 really like the chest strap that comes with it... No Complaints!
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will work for you but I use a Polar Wearlink chest strap which is bluetooth enabled. Note that there are several Wearlink models and bluetooth is key for me. That allows me to pair it with my phone and track that way. Since my phone has an internal GPS module, it can also track distance during a run etc. If you want something standalone, the Garmin forerunner is a good unit and I believe there are versions of forerunner which are waterfroof. A nice bonus if you're swimming.
    I was considering doing this since the Garmin doesn't track calories for activities like weight training. Thanks.
  • hazelnut861
    Options

If you want to track through out the day, get a bodybugg.
    The only things I didn't like was wearing it on your arm and paying for a subscription. My hair dresser loves hers though. Thank you.
  • hazelnut861
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your input. I went with the polar f40. It was easy to set up. I'll use my phone pr ipod for gps. Thanks again guys.
  • reese1206
    Options
    I have the polar f6 and love it.
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump