Double whammy. Reading and walking at the same time but not

rabbit99_47203
rabbit99_47203 Posts: 85
edited October 3 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got a book on cd. Going to put it on my ipod. I used to do them all the time and forgot all about them, but I would easily walk for at least 3 miles a day and wouldn't even notice because I was into my book. I'm listening to one called Whitefire by Fern Michaels, it's about a girl in Russia looking to revenge the destrucion of her village, get back her heard of white horses and find the guy who stole her innocenece. Set in a far off time. So excited. If I only let myself listen to it while I'm up and moving it will get me going so I can hear what's coming up next! Next best thing from reading a book. Having one read to me while I exercise. lol.

Replies

• algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    I listen to my music and just shut everyone else out at that time. Totally get what you mean about losing track of time that way!
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    I love audio books!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    That is such a good idea!! I think i'll try that for days I'm not looking to do heavy exercise :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    I love audio books, too! Great for exercise and long road trips.
  • I love audio books! The only problem is I tend to forget where I am when I switch back to music. Audio books you put on iTunes via CD don't go to the audio books section....
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    I never could get into audio books, but I guess analyzing song lyriks for underlying meaning does just as well LOL. We are feeding our souls and minds as we care for the body.
  • I love audio books! The only problem is I tend to forget where I am when I switch back to music. Audio books you put on iTunes via CD don't go to the audio books section....
    Yeah. I had it on shuffle and chapters kept popping up until I figured out what the problem was. lol. The book I borrowed from the library titled all of the chapters on each cd as the same thing. So I can only down load one cd at a time. On the plus, my library has them online now so that should fix the chapter problem next time.

And super happy, I have been looking at a pair of head phones for the longest time but they were $60 and I didn't want to pay that much, but today they were on clearance for $15! Now I can really lose myself. lol.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    sounds like a great way to lose yourself when walking!!
  • I do this too! Audio books are the best
This discussion has been closed.