New to MFP and totally excited to be here

Options
Hi everyone! I'm new to MFP and so far I'm really digging it. There's quite a bit of activity in this community and I'm enjoying reading the forum posts. My fiance just left a week ago for a tour in Qatar and we're planning a June wedding, so I'm determined to lose what I'll call my "lazy weight" and get into great shape for my wedding day.

I think this site is really easy to get around, but I'm frustrated by the fact that running, jogging and walking are not pre-programmed cardiovascular activities under the exercises. Am I missing something? These seem like really common activities, so what gives?

Good luck to all of you out there who are trying to get fit, lose weight and develop a healthy lifestyle! I'm looking forward to giving/receiving support and advice from people who are fighting the same battle!

Replies

• MisoSoup79
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to MFP and so far I'm really digging it. There's quite a bit of activity in this community and I'm enjoying reading the forum posts. My fiance just left a week ago for a tour in Qatar and we're planning a June wedding, so I'm determined to lose what I'll call my "lazy weight" and get into great shape for my wedding day.

I think this site is really easy to get around, but I'm frustrated by the fact that running, jogging and walking are not pre-programmed cardiovascular activities under the exercises. Am I missing something? These seem like really common activities, so what gives?

Good luck to all of you out there who are trying to get fit, lose weight and develop a healthy lifestyle! I'm looking forward to giving/receiving support and advice from people who are fighting the same battle!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Running and walking are both in the cardio section. Go into the exercise diary and then click on database and you will see it in there. Welcome to MFP! Hope you are enjoying it as much as the rest of us do! Good luck to you!
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    Wow, do I feel silly?! I just left the search field empty and assumed that I would find everything listed... but you're right! If I actually type "walking" into the empty field, I found lots of options! Thanks! :blushing:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Wow, do I feel silly?! I just left the search field empty and assumed that I would find everything listed... but you're right! If I actually type "walking" into the empty field, I found lots of options! Thanks! :blushing:
    You are very welcome! We are here to help and support as well as lose weight! LOL! Its ok, at least you got it!