My numbers

Options
Cany anyone help me figure out my goal numbers for my protein, carbs, fat, etc...? Driving me bananas!
:sad:

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    MFP figures it out for you automatically when you enter your height, weight, activity level, and goals, etc
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    its at the bottom of your food tracker..
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I'd say stay with MFP's numbers for now. Then you can play with having more/less carbs/protein/fat and once you find a balance that is right for you, you can go to your goals and set custom ones. As for what works-everything does for different people. :) See how you feel if you meet the full carb goal for a few days. Try eating 0.55g/lb of weight for protein (or more if you are doing weights). Increase/decrease healthy fats (no trans fat!). See how your body feels eating more or less and over a couple weeks you'll find the right balance for you.
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    But it gives me like 55% carbs! I'm one of those people who looks at carbs and I gain weight...It only gave me 15% protein...Maybe I'm micro-thinking this.

Here is what it is for MFP numbers

Nutritional goals Target
    Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,200 Calories / Day
    Carbs / Day 165 g
    Fat / Day 40 g
    Protein / Day 45 g
    Workout 3 x week for 30 minutes
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    But it gives me like 55% carbs! I'm one of those people who looks at carbs and I gain weight...It only gave me 15% protein...Maybe I'm micro-thinking this.

Here is what it is for MFP numbers

Nutritional goals Target
    Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,200 Calories / Day
    Carbs / Day 165 g
    Fat / Day 40 g
    Protein / Day 45 g
    Workout 3 x week for 30 minutes

Increase your protein to 30-35% and decrease your carbs to 30-35%. You should also try to increase your cardio to at least 3 hours a week. 3500 calories = 1 pound lost.
  • Julieelliott12
    Julieelliott12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A good number that I use is from bodybuilding.com they have a 40/40/20 protein/carbs/fat ratio that works well for me

for example: I am eating 1156-1332 cals per day and my numbers are 117 carbs 117 protein and 26 fat. I just make sure my numbers meet that using this site
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Just because it says you should eat 165g carbs doesn't mean you have to. Eat how you normally eat and see where the range falls. Then play with the numbers and see how you feel.

I do have mine set to 40/40/20 but I rarely eat the full carb count and always try to meet/exceed the protein count. I don't worry about the fat except trans-fat. If you do go low on carbs do turn on the fiber tracking in your diary view. That'll encourage you to make sure the carbs you eat are high-fiber. Just remember you do need carbs for energy, unless you are aiming for ketosis. (Not trying to make waves, keto-folks; everyone has their own way).
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Very helpful. I'll go with the 30% carbs and 35% protein and see how I do.

Again, thanks!
    :drinker: